Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-26-2013, 03:20 PM   #1

Lost 12 volt in new M2902 camper

hi, just bought a new Palomino m2902 camper a couple of weeks ago. I lost the 12 volts in coach today. Converter is working when power is hooked up. Battery voltage is good but is not getting to back of camper disconnect switch. Was wondering if someone could tell me if there is breaker somewhere and where it's located? I am searching still. Thanks for any input
racer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 05:28 PM   #2

There is often a fuse or resettable circuit breaker within a foot or two of the battery. It looks like the picture below. I'd start with that.

You could also have a blown fuse in you main circuit panel (normally where the converter is).

Name:   image-2928861879.jpg
Views: 162
Size:  12.5 KB
BarryD0706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 06:09 PM   #3

Okay, with a little help from my friend we figured it out. It was never wired correctly from the factory to begin with. I had to trace wires out. The part the was hooked up was wrong. They had battery hot lead going to the external charging/solar connection and the ground going nowhere. Traced the unhooked red leads thru the camper to the disconnect switch. Verified and then hooked up to battery along with the ground that was going no where.

What brought this all on, was I blew the 20 amp fuse in the truck for the trailer when I ran the jack up. So, I was running of the truck battery all the time for the two weeks I was running all over the country.

Glad I found it and hope no one else runs into this. This was not good craftsmanship. The coach battery was never charging or running anything. I am assuming this is a dealer issue problem. Don't know who wires the battery for sure - factory or dealer? Found a few unused screws and wood etc and the battery tray cover was just loose. The design is not good to be able to put wires in the groove and bolt cover on. I did make it better than it was and screwed it down somewhat.

I hope this is the only thing wrong I find in my 2 week old camper, did make some calls and they said if the inline fuse was blown it would not be covered under warranty...this worries me some. Anyways it is working correctly now.
racer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 06:16 PM   #4

Wow! Good job on the troubleshooting!
BarryD0706 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
12 volt, camper