Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-07-2021, 10:22 PM   #1

Micro Monitor Panel Dead

My problem: the Micro Monitor panel in the bathroom for measuring battery and tank levels is not functioning at all (no lights)- neither is the water pump or water heater that are control mounted to the same wall.

Details: I have a 2020 Coachmen Apex Nano 194BHS. We had it winterized by the dealership we bought it from and de-winterized ourselves. Batteries were pulled last fall and put in the garage on a trickle charge all winter and are good to go. I took photos prior to disconnecting and zip-tied all the wires together. We reconnected the same way we removed, no loose random missed wires.

We have shore power connected and checking out everything electrically- microwave, lights, outlets, a/c, etc all work so lack of juice is not the problem.
Looking in the fuse panel: fuse is good, ohms out and red light in the panel turns on when removed, off when inserted back in its slot (checking the proper fuse, per panel internal circuit labeling for DC power) the carbon monoxide sensor is on the same circuit and functions (green light on, plus beeps when I plug the fuse back in). For fun, reset all the breakers individually.

I tested the outlet on the same wall the monitor panel is mounted on- gfcs works, outlet has power (verified with a multimeter). Lights function in the bathroom. Both of these are different circuits (I know) but wiring is in the same wall so trying to rule out an unseen critter snacking on some wiring.
I opened up the panel under the bunk and again- all seems to be in order, nothing obvious, no critter signs or loose wiring. Popped off the panel cover and pulled through wires to make sure all the connections are secure, they are. I couldn’t find a good grounding point to measure voltage at any accessible points in this wiring and with no clear ground wire I am hesitant to create an unintended circuit and really fry something.

Sensors at the tanks are all plugged in, secure and wiring looks good.
I know we have battery power. I know we have at least some water in the tank (stopped when we realized the panel wasn’t working to actually monitor our fill). I know black and grey tanks are empty.

What am I missing? What would be a standard practice switch off/ disconnect electrically for winterizing that I don’t know about?
Frannypantsak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 10:38 PM   #2

Adding some photos..

Micro monitor panel and fuse panel photos for reference.
Frannypantsak is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
apex nano, micro monitor, panel, tank monitor, water heater