Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-13-2022, 08:42 PM   #1

My 110 power outlets

I have a new camper. A 2023 Palomino Backpack. The dealer said something about the 110 power outlet needing an added device to my system for the 110 ac outlets to function. Even while plugged into an outside 30 amp source my 110 ac outlet are not hot. I just do not remember what the dealership said I needed to add to the system so that my 110 ac outlets will work…. Can anyone tell me what I need?

I know this is a little vague. But I don’t know anything else to add!!!!

Thank You In Advance

Johnnie B
BLEWBIU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2022, 08:49 PM   #2

More than likely you just need to reset the GFCI trip on the GFCI outlet probably located near the kitchen sink. Look for the outlet that has "test" and "reset" buttons in the middle and press the "reset" button.

What your dealer was probably talking about was that you would need to add an inverter in order to power the 110v AC outlets from the battery.
NavyLCDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2022, 08:55 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLEWBIU View Post
Even while plugged into an outside 30 amp source my 110 ac outlet are not hot. I just do not remember what the dealership said I needed to add to the system so that my 110 ac outlets will work…. Can anyone tell me what I need?
That doesn't make any sense. You shouldn't have to add anything to your rv to get the 110 outlets to work when you're plugged into 30amp.

You need to call the dealer and see what they're talking about.

Welcome to the forum!
Old 10-13-2022, 09:03 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverse_snowbird View Post
That doesn't make any sense. You shouldn't have to add anything to your rv to get the 110 outlets to work when you're plugged into 30amp.

You need to call the dealer and see what they're talking about.

Welcome to the forum!
Maybe he did not get the "deluxe" model that has the circuit breakers installed in the power panel as an option.
NavyLCDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2022, 09:06 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
Maybe he did not get the "deluxe" model that has the circuit breakers installed in the power panel as an option.

I hope they report back what the dealer says.
Old 10-13-2022, 09:14 PM   #6

Agreed one should not have to add anything to have the outlets powered from shore power.

If some outlets do not work while connected to shore power, check the GFI reset on any outlet located near a water source such as bath lav or kitchen sink. Also check to see that none of the circuit breakers in the converter panel have tripped.

If you need to have 120 volt outlets working when NOT on shore power, then you will need to add and inverter. This converts 12 V DC from the battery to 120 V AC. For this one has to be careful and understand the required watts each item will require. Inverter size in watts and battery capacity in AH become very important.

Bob
Bob K4TAX is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
power