Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-30-2017, 08:28 PM   #1

Newbie 12v Fuse Block Question

I purchase a 34' 2001 Forest River Georgetown last year and have had quite the good experience with it driving across the country a few times. We had some generator issues which I resolved, but honestly this has been a problem free rig until now. My exterior porch (next to the steps) light has never worked and I started troubleshooting the issue today. Seems that I'm not getting any power to the switch (when I jumper the wire from the switch directly to the battery I get light so the wire and the bulb are good). I followed the wire back to the 12v fuse block under the steps and I found that the lower half of the block has no power when I pull the fuses and check each post. (this is the block the slideout sits on as well which works fine) The main lug going in has power, just nothing at the fuses until I get about 1/2 way up. Does anyone know the model number of this type of panel so I don't have to cut the connector and wire to a new subpanel? I've attached a pic of the block if anyone has any ideas that would be great.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FuseBox.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	186.0 KB
ID:	133349  
bigjerel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 06:33 AM   #2

Based on the solenoid switch in the photo, that is a Battery Control Center (BCC.) Number of vendors available, you should look for the brand on the board. replacement boards are available for most.

2015 335DS
ScottBrownstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 07:32 AM   #3

Thanks Scott! That information was exactly what I was looking for. I had no idea of what type of search term to use when looking for a replacement part. I got sidetracked with a leaking kitchen faucet the last 2 days but I'm going to either replace that board or do a quick jumper from one of the other fuses so I can use the porch light on a temporary basis. Apparently whatever else is connected to that 1/2 of the board I don't use so maybe getting another one can wait for a little while.

Jere
bigjerel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 07:47 AM   #4

Here is what it looked like as of 2009!

Schematic attached. Don't know what you have.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Georgetown Battery Connect Center 113174 1 OF 1.pdf (318.6 KB, 77 views)

2015 335DS
ScottBrownstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 12:56 PM   #5
Ret E-9 Anchor-clanker

You could also hi-jack another power source if your using a inline fuse.
donanddona is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fuse, lock, newbie