Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-16-2021, 01:35 AM   #1

No 12 volt power

Hello I am new here looking for some help. My name is jason I live in northern michigan. I have a 2017 cherokee 294bh and it was working just fine before my wife packed it up and brought it home now she got it home and now the tongue jack and nothing on the inside 12 volt wise works including the black battery level check and tank check. I checked the circuit breakers in the A frame underneath and one is clicking over and over again which I think is it constantly resetting and tripping over and over again. I've checked fuses on the box and all look to be good. Any suggestions?
Jdausti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 07:47 AM   #2

welcome to the forum its a great place to get your questions answered. Sounds like your battery is dead. Have you tried plugging into shore power? If you do have 110v power then I would test the converter output for 12V it could be the converter has gone south.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 11:47 AM   #3

With a circuit breaker clicking, it sounds like you have a short circuit. Pull the 12v fuses one at a time until the clicking stops. If the clicking does not stop then you have a short on the main 12v line going to the fuse panel.

2007 Surveyor SV230
- 200 Watts Solar/MPPT Controller - 230 AH Battery Bank (Two-GC2) - 600 watt PSW Inverter - (2) 2000 watt Inverter Generators - LED Lighting
2009 F150 - 5.4 Litre - Tow Package
Boon Docking 99% of the time.
boondocking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 07:40 PM   #4

12 volt

Yeah I hook it up to shore and microwave and outlets work. But nothing else. My 12 volt circuit breaker on A frame is clicking constantly I check for voltage at those and from the batt I'm good from the aux to the camper it isnt. The circuit breaker is stopping the power doing its job. I'm checking all the lines and I see no issues anywhere on them. I'm honestly stumped.
Old 06-17-2021, 12:56 PM   #5

Do what boondocking suggests

Quote:
Originally Posted by boondocking View Post
With a circuit breaker clicking, it sounds like you have a short circuit. Pull the 12v fuses one at a time until the clicking stops. If the clicking does not stop then you have a short on the main 12v line going to the fuse panel.
Good troubleshooting advice!
Old 06-18-2021, 04:45 AM   #6

Wow so I figured it out. And I would have never guessed that one. I wish i had taken a pic of it unfortunately i did not. So someone in all their wisdom decided when they were routing the primary 12 volt + wire that they would run it over top of one of the crossbeams then put the floor on top of the crossbeams and pinching the wire. I was able to get the wire out from there and had to reroute it zip tying the line to the bottom of the cross beam. I had to dr. Up the wire pretty good but looks good ran the line back up into the power box reattached the wire to the main board and boom everything works. We hooked a meter up to check for power at the board when it was hooked up and for giggles we checked for continuity between the ground and the hot wires and it showed continuity which is a guaranteed wire short on the hot wire of what you checked so just had to tear everything apart to find the wire. Thanks for your help.
Old 06-18-2021, 06:50 AM   #7

Thank you!

So glad you found the problem. Thanks for posting your solution! That will help others in the future when they read this thread.

Tags
12 volt, power