Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-15-2020, 03:22 AM   #1

No A/C, Micro, or power to outlets Forest River Forester 2401w

Ok so I’m completely stumped at this point.

No power to the A/C or Microwave is where this started hooked to shore power. I proceed to unhook and fire up the generator to confirm that it wasn’t the shore power. Still nothing.

I started my diagnosis checked all the breakers flipped them and reset them nothing. I found that the GFCI in the bathroom was tripped, and won’t reset. Unplugged everything turned everything off, still won’t reset.

Went and bought a new gfci and replaced it, still won’t reset.

Convinced at this point that the gfci isn’t getting power and that’s why it won’t reset.
I plugged in and unplugged my RV about 5 times hoping this would trip over the thing that chooses wether power comes from the generator or the shore power. No luck.

I also notched that it wasn’t charging my batteries either.

I’m so stumped. Is there a mystery GFCi somewhere, is there a breaker some where that’s tripped, did a part go bad overnight.

Thank you in advance for the help
Aaronvg14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2020, 06:41 AM   #2

no mystery GFCI somewhere else, as many of these items don't operate thru a GFCI circuit, like the a/c or microwave... you have an ATS(Automatic Transfer Switch) issue, and probably a simply one - a loose wire.
Sounds like you are getting Shore Power, and generator output(if the generator's own breakers on the generator are not tripped), but not power flow THRU the ATS. Sounds like the likely 'loose wire' would be one of the 'output' wires from the ATS.

Also, check your main BREAKER output wires with a voltmeter to see if it has power.
If not, it certainly points toward the ATS, which is a box where main wires are coming in from the Gen and Shore Power, and OUT to the Main Panel.
formerFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2020, 08:45 AM   #3

Does anyone happen to know where the ATS box is on the Forest River Forester 2401w. I can’t find it.
Aaronvg14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2021, 04:01 PM   #4

We had the same problem in our 2018 2401w and it turns out there’s a resettable fuse behind the control display. A simple push was all it took.

Why it’s there and sort of undocumented is beyond me.
Old 08-21-2021, 04:37 PM   #5

Exclamation

Check post #2 on this thread - ->>https://www.forestriverforums.com/fo...on-111118.html

Once you locate it, disconnect from shore power and generator, then check all of the connections in the switch. There's been many reports of loose wires, some with burnt wire nuts.

CAMPING (n. CAM-ping) - When you walk the dog in your pajamas with a cup of coffee in one hand and a bag of dog poop in the other while striking up a conversation with total strangers.
PopFla is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forest river, forester, power