Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-09-2019, 04:16 PM   #21
Site Team

You say that you don't have power to the distribution box in the camper? If not have you checked the power cord at the RV end to see if there's power there? Have you manually tripped all the breakers and reset them. Sometimes they can be tripped and the handle not move.
Old 07-09-2019, 04:41 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama Rambler View Post
You say that you don't have power to the distribution box in the camper? If not have you checked the power cord at the RV end to see if there's power there? Have you manually tripped all the breakers and reset them. Sometimes they can be tripped and the handle not move.
GFCI outlets will not reset unless there is power present.
Old 07-09-2019, 04:53 PM   #23

I did test all the breakers
toddperry491 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 05:13 PM   #24

We’ve given you long explanations and things to do and check and you’re giving us short answers that don’t really give us anything more to go on. DID YOU CHECK FOR ANY GFCI OUTLETS ON THE HOUSE SIDE THAT TRIPPED? DID YOU CHECK FOR POWER COMING OUT OF THE ADAPTER?

Giving a few word reply after all the suggestions is a bit frustrating, IMO. Help us help you.
Old 07-09-2019, 05:33 PM   #25

people are trying to help. we need your help. the basic idea being given is to check for power at every connection from your house receptacle all the way out to the trailer. there would be at least the following places to test.

1. receptacle by itself
2. plug in the adapter and test adapter output
3. plug in shore cord and test shore cord output

do you have an EMS installed in the trailer?
do you have a transfer switch in the trailer?
these will add additional connections and possible points of failure.

do you have a multimeter and can you use it to take the ac voltage measurements? each connection will have three wires. take the voltage measurements between each set of two wires. two measurements should be 120 volts ac and one should be 0 volts ac.
Old 07-10-2019, 07:36 AM   #26
Pickin', Campin', Mason

toddperry491... how did you make out?

Did you figure out the issue?

When starting a thread it is always a good idea to come back and post the outcome (or updates) so others can learn.

I hope you got your issue(s) resolved.

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=90
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 10:32 AM   #27

Ok thank you everybody for your help. I got it figured out.i had a big brain fart. After checking power from house all the adapters and cords I realized some of the things run on dc power and some on a.c. power so the a.c. power will not run off of the batteries so when I plugged the cords back in and checked everything is working thank you again for the help.I
toddperry491 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 10:40 AM   #28
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddperry491 View Post
Ok thank you everybody for your help. I got it figured out.i had a big brain fart. After checking power from house all the adapters and cords I realized some of the things run on dc power and some on a.c. power so the a.c. power will not run off of the batteries so when I plugged the cords back in and checked everything is working thank you again for the help.I
You got it figured out? Wow!
Good for you.

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 = 111/'19 = 86/'20 =108/'21 = 115/'22 = 135/'23 = 78; Booked for 2024 = 69
Mr. Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 10:44 AM   #29
Site Team

Quote:
Todd, this thread may be of assistance, as there are other things you may not realize how they operate. Hope it helps:

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ts-157524.html

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 11:00 AM   #30

Quote:

I'm confused, throughout the thread you told us the trailer was plugged in to the house and now you're saying that you checked all the cords and adapters but the problem ended up being the trailer wasn't plugged in like mentioned in the very first reply to your post?

I'm glad you got it figured out, but this goes back to what I mentioned earlier about the very short replies lacking details. Nothing you posted implied the trailer wasn't even plugged in when you were trying to use 120v appliances and you never replied to the first reply to your post asking if you were plugged in to shore power. Shore power is your house, pedestal at RV park, generator, or some other 120v source. If you weren't sure what shore power was then there's no harm in asking. Being new is all about learning and asking questions and providing details when responding to questions from others.

Don't take this post as an attack or anything of the sort, we've all been new and learning how things work, what the terminology is, etc and I'm not trying to scare you off or make you feel like you shouldn't post, that's not it at all. I'm just trying to help you understand how this thread could have gone better so hopefully future posts by folks new to forums and/or RVing don't run into the same roadblocks as this one. The first reply nailed it but went unacknowledged for some reason and we went down the rabbit hole.

Welcome to FRF, hope to see more posts from you in the future including ones sharing your enjoyment and adventures.

Tags
power