Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-14-2022, 05:53 PM   #21
Senior Adventurer

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry-NC View Post
Great! This is exactly as I envisioned it from your previous posts, #6 and #9.

Okay, here is what to do next.

First, repeat the measurement in power3.docx, except one voltmeter probe goes on the screw of the 30 amp. breaker, not any of the others. The other probe goes on the white neutral bus bar, same as before. If you get 120 Vac, then turn that 30 amp breaker all the way off, then all the way on and see if you have voltage throughout the trailer.

If you do not have voltage, indulge me on the next step. With the trailer unplugged, make sure the screws are tight on every breaker, and on every screw on the neutral bus (white wires) and on every screw on the ground bus (bare wires). There have been reports of trailers coming from the factory with terminals insufficiently tight.

If you still do not have power at the 30 amp breaker, then the link from the trailer inlet (Power2.docx) to the 30 amp circuit breaker must be open. Since you've checked the end that terminates at the neutral bus and at the screw on the 30-amp. breaker, you must now test the other end. That's where the cord enters the trailer. Easy if you can get to the back side. Since it's above the Outside shower, it's likely under the bathroom vanity. You may have to remove a dummy panel at the back of the vanity. With power on, check voltage at the terminals there. With power off, tighten the terminals. Check voltage at the screw of the 30-amp. breaker.

Please post back and tell us what you've found. Really frustrating to walk someone through a tricky problem when they succeed, go off and have a beer to celebrate and never tell us.

Oh, and next time, if you have the skill, please mark up the images directly and upload as .jpg or .png. Much easier to access the images.
As promised I am returning to provide you an update to my situation. Well, after securing a square bit I removed the connector and low and behold - just like Med equipment- loose connection.

Problem solved. Thanks for the help.

Windjammer Jones
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1889C6BF-5639-4628-98C9-6DC099725426.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	265.8 KB
ID:	282281   Click image for larger version

Name:	101B36B9-32D3-4451-A144-BF4F9890F2D1.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	294.4 KB
ID:	282282   Click image for larger version

Name:	CCA00EC1-A8C7-4749-B832-9D4F38BF7769.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	351.5 KB
ID:	282283  
2005 Dodge RAM 1500 5.7L HEMI Max 4X4
WindjammerJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2022, 05:59 PM   #22

High Five!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindjammerJones View Post
As promised I am returning to provide you an update to my situation. Well, after securing a square bit I removed the connector and low and behold - just like Med equipment- loose connection.

Problem solved. Thanks for the help.

Windjammer Jones
My pleasure. Glad to have helped.

Hang onto that #2 Robertson bit. It fits 95% of the fasteners in your RV.
"Always bypass the water heater before opening the low-point drains."
Sticks and Bricks: Raleigh, NC
2008 Cherokee 38P: at Ivor, VA permanently
Larry-NC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
converter