Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-16-2023, 10:04 AM   #1

No Power

I have a 2003 Everest. We are on a 50A-30A reducer. We left for the day yesterday and while we were gone the park shut off the power. When we came home we only have power tp 1/2 the trailer. Tried resetting the breaker checking the GFI, checked fuses. Nothing

Any suggestions?
LarisJaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2023, 10:11 AM   #2
Kanadian Kamper

I’m not sure what make of RV your Everest is, but you posted in the Hitches &Toads forum……not applicable.

If you don’t have a digital meter to confirm the power being provided at the pedestal, the first thing I would do is recheck your incoming breakers at your power panel inside the rig. It sounds like one of the biggest breakers has tripped but doesn’t look like it.

Troubleshooting without a digital meter…….

Turn OFF every breaker inside at your RV panel.
At the pedestal, turn OFF any breakers you see there……if equipped.
Plug in your power plug from the RV, then turn ON the pedestal breaker.
Go inside, and turn ON the incoming main breakers, the each supply breaker one at a time.

See how that works for you.

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2023, 10:17 AM   #3
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarisJaris View Post
I have a 2003 Everest. We are on a 50A-30A reducer. We left for the day yesterday and while we were gone the park shut off the power. When we came home we only have power tp 1/2 the trailer. Tried resetting the breaker checking the GFI, checked fuses. Nothing

Any suggestions?
When you say 50A-30A reducer, can you explain exactly how the adapter (proper term for what you are calling a reducer) is?

Are you plugged into a 30 amp shore power receptacle with an adapter and then have your 50 amp shore power cord plugged into it?

The reason I need to be exact is that a 50 amp RV has two incoming hot legs to the electric panel inside the RV. Half of your RV is on one hot leg and half is on the other hot leg.

If only half is working, then it is likely one leg is not getting powered in the electric panel.

If you are connected to a 30 amp receptacle, which only has ONE hot leg, then the adapter shares/jumps this one leg across both legs in the RV. You could be having an adapter problem.

Can you please explain in exact detail to what you are connected to and how your adapter is adapting.

Pics of the adapter setup and your electric panel inside your RV would help more than you know. I am actually writing a tutorial for our forums on adapters as we speak.

Thanks

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
no power, power