Old 07-28-2018, 03:35 PM   #1

no power to dc terminal block of dometic refridge

I have a 2008 Georgetown XL 370 and can not Get 12 volts to the dometic refrigerator terminal block. there is no voltage between the white and green wire coming to terminal block. I have checked all fuses That I could find In all seem to be In proper working order Can anybody tell me Where are these 2 wires Come from and where I might look to Find Possible problem ? Have I maybe overlooked something ? the refrigerator is a rm2862 and works fine if i run power directly from the house bateries to the terminal block.
rowanj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 02:31 AM   #2

Welcome and sorry no one answered your question sooner. I only found it today. Perhaps others who saw it figured you had a pretty good handle on the situation already.

Most likely electrical continuity has been lost between the 12V blade fuse or ground block in/at the "electrical panel" and where the white and green zip cord wires terminate at the refrigerator terminal block. Hopefully the assembler of the RV did not splice the wires between those two points. Checking for power between the white and green wire is fine. However, the green wire (if it is the 12V power wire) should be checked for power to a know good ground. And the ground (if white) wire should be checked for ground with a continuity tester or ohm meter (alternately with a known good 12V source in the RV). As either the ground, or the power wire could be broken between the fuse panel and refrigerator terminal block. If in fact the refrigerator connections at the fuse panel are both good (power and ground) and one or both are bad at the refrigerator terminal block, a new wire will need to be run or the break found and repaired. Alternately since the refrigerator uses so little current and it has its own fuse protection, 12V power might be picked up from a nearby location instead of going to the effort to repair a broken connection as finding a bad splice can be difficult.
Splitshaft is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dometic, fridge, lock, power