Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-14-2020, 10:46 AM   #21

Sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatosian24 View Post
I appreciate the concern. No running light was removed this is actually the factory “pre-wired for back up camera” spot and it is between 2 running lights
Sorry. I was misled by the photo. The camera spot looked like the center of three lamps.
"Always bypass the water heater before opening the low-point drains."
Sticks and Bricks: Raleigh, NC
2008 Cherokee 38P: at Ivor, VA permanently
Larry-NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 04:49 PM   #22

I just installed my Haloview RD7 today. It did not power up, I pulled the wires out and they had wired the black wire to the green. I swapped the red/black to the appropriate green/white wires and it then powered up. They wire these day in and day out, yet they wired this backward....
Mike_Tucson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 10:58 PM   #23

Thumbs up

While working as a Master Electrician, I used to cringe anytime I found that a green wire was not an earth ground.. While working with CDOT on traffic signals, I had to get used to working with the IMSA color code specs. Green does not always jibe with "Green is Ground the World Around" as I was taught as a pup.. Some city and state signal specs even required brown wire for the green signal indications, as some electrical inspectors were apoplectic when they looked into things they really did not have any control over.

Now retired, and having had to sort out my Shamrock's wiring, nothing surprises me at all anymore!
Bunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 08:39 AM   #24

Haloview camera

Hello....glad you got your camera connection issues solved. So...how do you like the Haloview? I installed one on my rig and so far, I'm glad I did!
Kaptn Krabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 08:50 AM   #25

I got it installed just in time for our drive to Custer State Park in SD and I am so glad I had it! We took I-90 the majority of the drive and it was so nice to be able to see when a semi or another car were approaching. We had 25-30mph cross winds so I needed to know when to hold on for dear life 🤣 haha. The only complaint I have is when in a thunderstorm you can’t see much due to the water, but I couldn’t see much out of my windshield either then. [emoji38]
tatosian24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 08:55 AM   #26
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker View Post
While working as a Master Electrician, I used to cringe anytime I found that a green wire was not an earth ground.. While working with CDOT on traffic signals, I had to get used to working with the IMSA color code specs. Green does not always jibe with "Green is Ground the World Around" as I was taught as a pup.. Some city and state signal specs even required brown wire for the green signal indications, as some electrical inspectors were apoplectic when they looked into things they really did not have any control over.

Now retired, and having had to sort out my Shamrock's wiring, nothing surprises me at all anymore!
Residential/Commercial wiring is VERY different than automotive wiring.

Those of us with a long automotive background wonder why house wiring colors are the way they are sometimes!

The kicker for a R/V is... they are intermixed. Often with automotive wiring (and colors) running alongside of residential wiring. (and colors)

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=90
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camera, light