Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-26-2019, 07:52 AM   #1

Not all Renogy batteries orders are the same...

On early March I bought two Renogy batteries (AGM6-260ah) from Amazon. One battery was lost in transit and one was received in a damaged package so it has to be returned. Its replacement got lost too and Amazon could not give me a reasonable explanation like when is the battery arriving... ect. Finally, I got one battery but the second one was never arrived. Finally, I decided to contact Renogy directly and ordered a battery. It arrived in four days (Fed-Ed Ground) and it the package was pristine.

BTW, Renogy was $35 less with free shipping!

The big "A" is no longer the excellent source of supplies it once was. I have checked prices and you can get just about everything you need for your RV directly from manufacturers.

Remember, everything you buy online is subject to a 30 days inspection time. If you find that the description or the quality of the product was misrepresented, you can return it as per federal consumer protection laws.

Remember "Caveat Emptor"!!!!!!!!
RVPhD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 08:05 AM   #2
Trailer Park Supervisor

While my experience with Amazon is normally excellent, and return of items damaged/defective easy to return, it definitely pays to shop around. I always put items on my Amazon 'wishlist' for a while, and monitor the price, as pricing can be very fluid on some items. When the item drops to the price I like, I put it in the cart. Also, I've found that large and heavy things like batteries are best bought from big box hardware stores. Not only do they give me a military discount, but ship to store is usually free, and makes it very easy to return things that are defective.
NJKris is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
batteries