Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-27-2018, 09:34 PM   #1

Nothing works with remote....

.....except the bedroom slide. I had my 262RGX out of its cover to hook it up to my new truck a couple days ago and take it for a test drive. All functions with the remote were working. Its getting dark so I decided to go hook it up and put it back in it's cover. I am inside my truck trying to raise the nose to load it on my Andersen hitch, but it was not going up.

I tried the switch on the outside and the landing gear was going down.......then quit. I checked the fuse and its fine. The weird thing is I just used it to bring the slides and awning in. When I push the remote button, I hear a clicking somewhere under the hallway. It's dark so I could not trace it, plus it has the full belly cover.

Bottom line is the bedroom slide is the only thing that works with the remote although the icons show it's working on everything else. Everything works with the switches inside except the landing gear and rear stablizers? Anyone know what I should look for in the morning when it's light out?

https://www.forestriverforums.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic98816_1.gif
SeventyGTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 06:30 AM   #2

Check your batteries sounds like the house batteries are dead.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 06:36 AM   #3

landing gear and slides have inline circuit breakers rear the battery or on the underside of the tongue. Small square things with a reset button on the side. If you are hearing a clicking sound that is a relay.
cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 08:21 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavie View Post
landing gear and slides have inline circuit breakers rear the battery or on the underside of the tongue. Small square things with a reset button on the side. If you are hearing a clicking sound that is a relay.
Thanks, I will do that once the sun comes up here in the west. This is a 5th wheel, so I assume it is near the batteries. That is where the fuse for the landing gear is also, but it was fine.

Old 09-28-2018, 08:23 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaDog View Post
Check your batteries sounds like the house batteries are dead.
The batteries (twin 6 volts) show fully charged but I am going to hook it up to shore power as well. As I said in the OP, the switches for the slides and awning all work from the inside, but not from the remote which is also fully charged.

Old 09-28-2018, 10:50 AM   #6

Well, I located the clicking relay behind a trim panel in the main storage area. I had to remove a large trim panel to to get to it where I found a blown fuse. I will be cutting a window in the trim panel so I can get to it easily if needed again. I will also make sure to carry several 30 amp fuses! Below is a pic of the fuse/relay panel. The 30 amp fuse that looks different than the others is the one I replaced.

Old 09-28-2018, 11:39 AM   #7
Site Team

What you found was the receiver. And as you learned, it has it's own fuses for the functions.

One day we should have a thread just for the locations of the remote receivers in all the different RV's.
Old 09-28-2018, 02:45 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama Rambler View Post
What you found was the receiver. And as you learned, it has it's own fuses for the functions.

One day we should have a thread just for the locations of the remote receivers in all the different RV's.
Thanks, I think it's ridiculous that a manufacturer would hide something with fuses like that. They should have put an access panel or at least a hole in it like I did in the pic below. Hopefully this thread may help someone with a similar problem in the future......

Old 09-29-2018, 01:06 PM   #9

circut breakers for fuse panels

u can buy automatic resetting circut breakers at an auto parts store that will fit into spade style fuse boards. These breakers work great and are handy in hard to access panels
wally007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 02:12 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by wally007 View Post
u can buy automatic resetting circut breakers at an auto parts store that will fit into spade style fuse boards. These breakers work great and are handy in hard to access panels
Interesting, I will have to check into that. Never heard them before, thanks.

Old 09-29-2018, 09:03 PM   #11

I found mine sandwiched between the front wall of my pass through. Stapled together. It now has a door. But that's better than my previous trailer where I found it nestled right next to my water pump. Pure genius.
2018 F250 Lariat (ok but I miss my F150)

Getting old ain't for wimps!!!
Stormrider151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 09:11 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormrider151 View Post
I found mine sandwiched between the front wall of my pass through. Stapled together. It now has a door. But that's better than my previous trailer where I found it nestled right next to my water pump. Pure genius.
It is amazing some of the things they do when they literally throw these things together.

Tags
remote