Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-21-2021, 07:34 PM   #1

Onan on Georgetown

I have a 2021 Georgetown with an Onan generator. When i boondocks and not moving generator works great, but when traveling it a different story. after running for an hour or so it shuts off. When i restart it run fora while then shut down. On the way home from the frog rally it not only shut down but the front AC 20 amp breaker broke and the battery disconnect switch. Rebooted the system and went on Any ideas what happening
Rob Southall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2021, 08:46 PM   #2

Check the oil level. Sometimes low oil is OK when stationary but when moving the sensor kicks off the generator...

2015 335DS
ScottBrownstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2021, 05:47 AM   #3

Onan

Thank you Just checked oil, was atthe full line. Since i have just put 50 hours on it going to change but oil was full. I know i can use the Precision Control panel to operate the generator but it somehow the battery disconnect turns off, the board goes off will that shut down a generator?
Rob Southall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2021, 06:39 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Southall View Post
Thank you Just checked oil, was atthe full line. Since i have just put 50 hours on it going to change but oil was full. I know i can use the Precision Control panel to operate the generator but it somehow the battery disconnect turns off, the board goes off will that shut down a generator?
never sure with model changes, however, the schematics that I have looked at show the generator DC power going through the disconnect switch. This would me that disconnecting the batteries would shut down the generator.

2015 335DS
ScottBrownstein is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
georgetown, onan, tow