Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-05-2022, 01:27 PM   #1

Outdoor lighting strip only turns on with car

Before I begin let me say that i am very new and not the most handy haha. But I try haha.
WE just purchased this 2016 Wildwood ultralite and we are so in love with it. There hasn't been a weekend yet that we haven't used it.
There is a light strip outside the RV just below the canopy. It looks like a basic light strip.. LED etc. It never turned on for us. I was adding it to the list of things to do when we had time and money. Randomly I had the RV attached to my truck and all of a sudden the darn outdoor light strip turned on. I guess it wasn't the strip that was faulty. But now I can't necessarily reproduce it and I am asking for any troubleshooting help that may be out there.
Thanks everyone, Hope to see you on the road.
RobLynn1860 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2022, 08:21 PM   #2

Likely a ground issue...the trailer has a dirty ground but when connected to a tow vehicle that has a good ground the light comes on. Usually main grounds are found on the front by the frame rails and near the battery, or maybe by the switch panel...not too familiar with how those awning lights are wired.
pdhartog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2022, 07:27 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdhartog View Post
Likely a ground issue...the trailer has a dirty ground but when connected to a tow vehicle that has a good ground the light comes on. Usually main grounds are found on the front by the frame rails and near the battery, or maybe by the switch panel...not too familiar with how those awning lights are wired.
Would you happen to know of any videos etc where i can learn how to find and fix this possible ground issue? Thanks for your help.
RobLynn1860 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door, light