Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-09-2016, 07:34 AM   #1

Outside Running Lights on Coach Go ON by themselves

I woke up at 1AM with the outside running lights, license plate, and rear lights on. Not the chassis running lights in front. Just all of the coach lights .. red and yellow.

I reset the chassis light switch by pulling out the DRL switch and cycled thru the lights using the chassis vehicle light switch.

This has now happened 2 times in 12 hours ...

Engine is not on .. key is NOT in the ignition.

Sounds like a short ... also got some electrical recall on my MB by FR on rear lights.

Any ideas??
oregonct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 12:59 PM   #2
2007 WildCat 32QBBS

I believe in the rear there is a tailight converter box on those coaches.
I'd start with the recall and bring it to the repair facility's attention.
18CrewDually is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 01:31 PM   #3

Thanks. It just happened again and I can't get them to turn off. I believe I can keep the lights on since I'm plugged in the converter should keep the house batteries charged. I don't think this is draining the chassis battery which is weird. The recall is for water on back lights making them inoperable. Not overly operable but we will see. I'm trying to take a week off in big bend and this is scaring me.
Old 10-09-2016, 02:00 PM   #4

Read some more online and forums. It's the recall issue. The curt lighting adapter is at the back of the MH and gets soaked when it rains. Fix is the replace the unit and I assume FR will move it to a dry place inside. I pulled one of the plugs and the lights went out. Issue solved for now unit I get back to civilization!!
Old 10-09-2016, 04:28 PM   #5
2007 WildCat 32QBBS

Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonct View Post
Read some more online and forums. It's the recall issue. The curt lighting adapter is at the back of the MH and gets soaked when it rains. Fix is the replace the unit and I assume FR will move it to a dry place inside. I pulled one of the plugs and the lights went out. Issue solved for now unit I get back to civilization!!
^^^^ THIS is what I'm referring to. I can't always remember ALL the particulars but at least your heading in the right direction, I think.
18CrewDually is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 06:55 PM   #6

Thanks. Now to be able to get it fixed before the next trip. Service is so difficult to find especially warranty work
Old 10-10-2016, 02:59 PM   #7

It's a recall with no fix yet by the manufacturer of the piece in question. Still waiting for forest river to contact again. Must be a Forester. This has been on going for more than a year
Cfritts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 03:00 PM   #8

PA I mean units having this problem has been on going. Our service facility (we didn't buy the unit from them) fixed it last year
Cfritts is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light