Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-15-2019, 03:16 PM   #21

Yep. Couple cycles to determine the SOC accuracy. I am testing draw and charge in a similar fashion to what you provided. I hope this will be my "last time" to abuse the new "toys" purpose and just set it and forget it, especially now I think I covered all bases. Don't we get carry away sometimes with stats?

No, Electrical contact seem to be fine at the moment. I'll keep this in the back of my head. Thx

Yes! 33Ah difference in 24 hour reading is a new addition to my calculation that will make me see things in different light.

I don't worry about the BMV draw as well. Thought to share if someone forgot to disconnect the load, draining the batteries, and reaching the critical reserve of some lithium batteries. I don't think this is even an issue with my Battleborn as I might have a bigger reserve. FWIW, my BMV-712 Smart has a lower current draw of only 1mA (12V battery), irrespective of the position of the alarm relay.

I am a recent full-timer. So I am 100% satisfied ONLY when I can wear my flip flop 90% of the time. Otherwise, I am heading in the opposite direction. See you on the road.
PS. Some expert advice on settings can be found here. I may play around with their recommended settings after I test my current ones we talked about here. Cheer!
Old 12-15-2019, 03:24 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by babock View Post
Also, you have the BMV and the controller networking turned on?
Now, I know what you were talking about? I got them both on the same network and now I have the icon you were referring to. Thank you!
Here is a video for anyone interested.

Tags
battery monitor, battleborn, bmv-712, charge controller, lithium battery, mppt, soc, solar, synchornize, victron, zero current calibration