Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-02-2014, 07:22 AM   #1

Power outlet issue

It seems like I have blown a breaker in the back. Nothing was flipped in the breaker box but I went ahead and reset all of them. I also checked all of the GFCI outlets and reset them. Still no power to half of the outlets. We are completely new to this camping life and have no clue what to do next. Any suggestions?
FogueTravelingAbode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 08:42 AM   #2

What are you in? Do you have an inverter? If so check the reset switch in top.

Phil57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 08:47 AM   #3
AKA: 'tiredTeacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by FogueTravelingAbode View Post
Any suggestions?
Welcome! Yes, a suggestion: include in your posts make, model, year of RV in question. Also of any appliance you need help with. This allows the right member to zero in on your problem and give you a definitive (usually) answer.
2010 Tundra 4X4 5.7L V8
2014 Rockwood 2604WS
Life is a cruel teacher. She gives the test first; the lesson then follows.
awellis3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 08:48 AM   #4

If you can add your RV to your signature or something, it will help others help you. Like Phil said, those outlets could be running off an inverter and depending on your inverter, you could also have a GFCI reset switch on the inverter's outlet.
Old 05-02-2014, 08:59 AM   #5
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by FogueTravelingAbode View Post
It seems like I have blown a breaker in the back. Nothing was flipped in the breaker box but I went ahead and reset all of them. I also checked all of the GFCI outlets and reset them. Still no power to half of the outlets. We are completely new to this camping life and have no clue what to do next. Any suggestions?
We're here to try to help. It's pretty important though, that we get as much information as possible in order to offer an informed opinion....like your make/model RV......and if you are using 30 amps or 50 amp service.....what/where you are currently plugged into (camp ground outlet, household outlet, generator, inverter, etc.).

A common culprit for outlets not working is a tripped GFCI on one of the master outlets. If the master GFCI trips, then all the other outlets downstream of it on the same circuit will not work. USUALLY there are two master GFCI outlets, one in the bathroom, and one in/near the kitchen.

I would advise to check both places for a tripped GFCI.....and try to reset them We also see bad GFCI outlets, and loose wiring..even on new RV's. It happens.

Another question, is it just the outlets not working...or are there more AC electrical appliances not working too (ie television, microwave, Air-conditioner).

If you are using a 50 amp service, the problem may lie in one of the two 120 volt lines that are providing service to your RV.......but we'll stay clear of that right now until you have time to read this and hopefully provide more information.

Don't stress. Everyone will try to help.

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 12:46 PM   #6
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by alparmer View Post
If you can add your RV to your signature or something, it will help others help you.
Ditto. without knowing what kind, year, make and model of RV you're talking about, we can't really know how to help you.

some RV's have inverters so the outlets can run off of a bank of batteries. this is usually with motorhomes.

if you just have a converter and no inverter, then that's different.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
power