Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-19-2017, 07:56 AM   #21

The problem with the Yamaha generators is when I use the parallel cable to tie two 2000s together. I can use one and the bonding plug with no issues. When I parallel the two I get a reversed hot/neutral code. I could bypass this but I am kind of afraid to try it.
Old 09-19-2017, 02:52 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepman71 View Post
The problem with the Yamaha generators is when I use the parallel cable to tie two 2000s together. I can use one and the bonding plug with no issues. When I parallel the two I get a reversed hot/neutral code. I could bypass this but I am kind of afraid to try it.
Sorry for all the PMs I just found your post.

Your getting reversed polarity, if both gens work independently, like you tried each one single hooked to your 5 er with the EMS, then I would say the problem has to be in your cable or the cable plugs/banana plugs on the gens.

When you hook up a single gen how are you doing it?

If you haven't tried yet, hook up a single gen using the parallel cable (not the 20 amp outlets on the gen). If that works swap the cable ends (unplug the parrellel cable and plug the other ends into the same generator). Do this for both gens and see what happens.

This would test the banana plugs as well as the cable since you know a single gen works but they dont work in combination.

Nights Camped (2018-16) (2017-16) (2016-13) (2015-13)
SuicideSaints is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 03:27 PM   #23

Thanks for the reply. I have tried the singles in the 20 amp not with the parallel. I will try it with the parallel and see what happens. I did try moving the banana plugs from one plug in to the other keeping them on the same side each time. No change. The manual doesn't say which side is red and which is black, also no markings on the generators.
Old 09-19-2017, 03:32 PM   #24

Quote:
Thanks for the reply. I have tried the singles in the 20 amp not with the parallel. I will try it with the parallel and see what happens. I did try moving the banana plugs from one plug in to the other keeping them on the same side each time. No change. The manual doesn't say which side is red and which is black, also no markings on the generators.
Correct, the banana plug position doenst matter as long as they match (even some refute this)

I'm interested to see the results of the testing of the parallel cable with each individual gen. keep me posted. I'll try and do some more research tonight

Old 09-19-2017, 04:36 PM   #25

It will probably be Thursday or Friday before I get a chance to test this but I will keep you posted.
Old 09-22-2017, 10:19 AM   #26

Thanks to a some conversation with SuicideSaints and some deeper investigation my Yamaha generators will work with my PI EMS. According to the generator owners manual and everything I have read it does not matter which port you plug your banana plugs for the parallel cable into as long as they are in the same port. While this might be true in most cases it is not true when using the PI EMS. If you bond one of the generators and plug the red banana plug in the right side ports and the black in the left side ports it will work just fine without throwing an E2 code. I will keep my Yamahas as well as my PI EMS. If the generators do in fact cause problems with the PI EMS then I will change my EMS to a portable non hard wired. Who knows maybe even a PI product. Thanks SuicideSaints for your helpful input. Happy days.
Old 09-22-2017, 10:22 AM   #27

Quote:
Thanks to a some conversation with SuicideSaints and some deeper investigation my Yamaha generators will work with my PI EMS. According to the generator owners manual and everything I have read it does not matter which port you plug your banana plugs for the parallel cable into as long as they are in the same port. While this might be true in most cases it is not true when using the PI EMS. If you bond one of the generators and plug the red banana plug in the right side ports and the black in the left side ports it will work just fine without throwing an E2 code. I will keep my Yamahas as well as my PI EMS. If the generators do in fact cause problems with the PI EMS then I will change my EMS to a portable non hard wired. Who knows maybe even a PI product. Thanks SuicideSaints for your helpful input. Happy days.
Im glad you got it, thanks for the update.

Old 09-22-2017, 08:53 PM   #28

I guess if you use a Yamaha generators then the PI unit to get is the portable one.
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 09:02 PM   #29

I think PI should be learning from experienced members from this forum...
gpaw56 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
yamaha