Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-06-2013, 09:35 PM   #1

Pulled the trigger- Honda EU2000i with companion

I just pulled the trigger on a pair of Honda EU2000i generators, one the companion model with parallel cables and the rv adapter plug. I really wanted just one genny, such as the EU3000is, but I figure I could resell these easily for near the price I paid if they are a pain to use in parallel. This will be nice to keep the battery topped off when boon-docking!

Bought from a reputable eBay user for $2039 shipped. Should have them early next week.

2014 Rockwood Roo 233s, PI HW30-C, Equalizer 10k 4 way hitch,
Grizzlygibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 11:12 PM   #2
Just Creeking Around

Honda Generators

Congrats on your purchase. I assume these units are new? I have been researching generators for some time now. Like you I feel the 2000i and companion are the best choice. They are quiet and should provide you with 4,000 amps. There will be times IMHO that you will need only one unit. My wife said we should get them..that's a green light in my book.

Jerry and Carol
Pahrump, Nevada
2014 38CK-Auto Levelers
2012 F350 Super Duty Crew, Air Bags, Pull-Rite Superglide, Splendee Combo.
F R O G, GS
Jerry L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 12:00 AM   #3

Yeah, brand new in box. If anyone wants his user name, I can PM you the information.

Old 08-08-2013, 11:31 AM   #4

An update, of sorts.

So I am guessing that the person/eBayer I bought these from is a distributor for Honda and gets dealer pricing. Then he charges a little less than the competition and makes a little and saves people a little.

Example. I paid less for the combo set than Wise Sales has it listed for, yet my items are being shipped from Wise Sales.

I just found this interesting and another good way for members to save some money.

Old 08-08-2013, 11:46 AM   #5

That should be 4,000 watts, not amps. 4,000 amps would be a huge generator.
bspickler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 11:46 AM   #6
gonecampin

Got a pair myself and am very happy. Quite and dependable. Runs my 15000 a/c no problem.
gonecampin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 02:28 PM   #7

The man in brown visited me today! Now I need some ethanol free gas and 10/30 and I can fire them up.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1042057286.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	42.8 KB
ID:	37585   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-389587852.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	37.7 KB
ID:	37586  

Old 08-13-2013, 03:22 PM   #8

Honda Generators

Bought my first Honda generator in 2002 (1000i) and my second Honda generator last year (EU3000i) and would definitely buy another. Trouble free and quiet. Fabulous generators! Honda got it right.
redneck 92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 10:24 PM   #9

I have one, and I love it! the eco-throttle on it keeps it quiet and very frugal on the fuel! usually takes a few weekend trips to go through a tank of fuel.

My brother has the companion with the hook up cables, so if needed, we got the power since we camp together frequently
Nights camped in 2015 - 20
Ditchooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 10:00 PM   #10

I bought the eu2000 and the companion three years ago. I put ethanol free gas in it the first trip. After the trip, I left the gas in the tank. A few months later I pulled the out for another trip. They would't crank. Had them serviced and everything was fine $65 later. Was told to put the red Sta-Bil in the gas. I did as told. A few months later, I had the same problem. One wouldn't crank, the other ran poorly. Another service and $125 later was told to put blue Sta-Bil (marine use) in the gas. I've been doing so for two years now and they crank on the first or second pull. I strongly recommend the blue Sta-Bil for the Hondas. Nothing against the generators. Love 'em! Quiet and miserly on the gas.
grb2980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 12:12 AM   #11

I've got the power, well soon I will.

Just ordered my Honda eu2000i from Mayberrys 899.00 no tax or shipping cost. I searched, best price out there I think. Now before it arrives I need to learn how to use it. Does my A127th have a cord I plug into my generator? I camped cold last week cause I just bought the camper and didn't't know the battery could heat it for the night. I have a lot to learn. All enlightenment will be greatly appreciated.
Afox camps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 12:55 AM   #12

Not sure what your TT is. I may be overlooking something in your post.

First of all I doubt that you'd be able to run a furnace off a 12V battery. I'm pretty sure you'll need some source of 120V to run it. Therefore the Honda comes into play.

To run the TT from the Honda you may need a plug adaptor to fit the socket outlet on the Honda. Other than that, just plug your TT supply cord into the Honda an let her rip. Make sure you have all your load devices in the TT off so you don't ask the generator to do too much upon start up. Same thing on shut down. Turn off everything in the TT before turning off the Honda.

Now to the Honda. You'll be extremely happy that you chose this generator. It's quiet. Very reliable. Make sure you have oil in it before running it. Mine was shipped with out oil. Lots of warnings on it letting me know to put oil in it. I put about a quart of the oil specified. Can't remember the the type, but I went tout and found it at Walmart. Not terribly expensive, about US$5.00.

Gas: I tried non-ethanol thinking it would be better for my machine. NOT! I let it set up for about four months and it wouldn't crank. Got it serviced to clean out the gunk in the carb. They recommended the RED Stabil. Went through the Red Stabil with the same effects. Another trip to the service department and US$120 later they recommended BLUE Stabil. Haven't had a problem since. An 8 oz bottle of BLUE Stabil costs about US$12 and treats about 200 gallons in my case.

Now I live in SE Alabama with lots of humidity so my experience may be different. All I know is you can't let these things set up for a long period of time without some sort of fuel stabilizer in them or regular use to keep the carbs clean. Nowadays I can let them sit unused for a months and have them crank on the second or third pull.

Love my Honda.

Hope this helps.

Harry
Old 10-05-2013, 06:49 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afox camps View Post
Just ordered my Honda eu2000i from Mayberrys 899.00 no tax or shipping cost. I searched, best price out there I think. Now before it arrives I need to learn how to use it. Does my A127th have a cord I plug into my generator? I camped cold last week cause I just bought the camper and didn't't know the battery could heat it for the night. I have a lot to learn. All enlightenment will be greatly appreciated.
Actually the 12v battery and propane is what's needed for the TT heater to run but if you only have one battery (make sure it is a deep cell and the higher the Ah rating the better). The heater will run the battery down (you should never use more than 50% from a battery or you will dammage it) pretty fast on a really cold night you may not make it through one night. OK so if you have the generator hooked up sending AC into the TT the converter will charge the battery whether the heater is running or not. Other options are more batteries, solar charging etc.
2000 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager M-8357 MH, Ford Trident V10 Gasser, 35 foot.
Batts-toy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 02:48 PM   #14
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afox camps View Post
I camped cold last week cause I just bought the camper and didn't't know the battery could heat it for the night. I have a lot to learn.
doesn't say much for your dealer's PDI.

that's a basic thing that ALL PDI's should go over, for new owners. shame on your dealer for not going over how to operate the furnace.

makes you wonder what else they didn't show you!
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 05:38 PM   #15

Yes it is a green light!
and when she says go I am not slow... they can change their mind if you don't pull the trigger.
tmsimmons56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 08:34 AM   #16

Got the green light myself Saturday. We opted for the champion 3100i Mondale a cw. Walked out paying $899. Compared sound with friends honda 3000i and sound level is the same
Prothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 11:59 AM   #17

champion 3100i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prothos View Post
Got the green light myself Saturday. We opted for the champion 3100i Mondale a cw. Walked out paying $899. Compared sound with friends honda 3000i and sound level is the same
Looks good and only 94 lbs... will it power every thing you need it to?
New to this and need to pay attention to these post!

thanks,

Tim
tmsimmons56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 12:24 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmsimmons56 View Post

thanks,

Tim
I was able to power my 15k ac, fridg, on ac and TV along with the converter to keep the battery charged. I did a run test and got 6 hours off the tank of gas only down side it the small gas tank but it will work for my needs
Prothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 12:29 PM   #19
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmsimmons56 View Post

thanks,

Tim
i continue to say that the new Champion 3100w inverter generator is going to impact Honda's and Yamaha's sales.
it has similar specs, including noise levels, to their versions, at half the cost.
and Champion's customer support is outstanding.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 12:32 PM   #20
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post

i continue to say that the new Champion 3100w inverter generator is going to impact Honda's and Yamaha's sales.
it has similar specs, including noise levels, to their versions, at half the cost.
and Champion's customer support is outstanding.
Asking cause I don't know, but what is the decibel difference between the two?

Turbs
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
led