Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-29-2010, 03:28 PM   #1

rear bedroom fuse panel

I am looking for some help from anyone with a photo or diagram for a fuse panel on a 2003 georgetown 326. Recently purchased, nothing is labeled. Forest River has no info at all.
TENNESSEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 08:23 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TENNESSEE View Post
I am looking for some help from anyone with a photo or diagram for a fuse panel on a 2003 georgetown 326. Recently purchased, nothing is labeled. Forest River has no info at all.
From what I know, wiring diagrams don't exist that we can get our hands on. Time to start pulling fuses and see what doesn't work one at a time and then labeling things yourself...
Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
www.nwjeepn.com
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 08:27 AM   #3

Isn't it amazing that a million dollar company cannot provide owners with all the info on purchases like these. Another question for you. Is it true that I should have my 50 amp coach plugged into at least a 30 amp outlet instead of a regular outlet in order to gain a full charge on my batteries. It seems that I am not getting enough juice.
Old 07-10-2010, 01:30 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TENNESSEE View Post
Isn't it amazing that a million dollar company cannot provide owners with all the info on purchases like these. Another question for you. Is it true that I should have my 50 amp coach plugged into at least a 30 amp outlet instead of a regular outlet in order to gain a full charge on my batteries. It seems that I am not getting enough juice.
No that is not true. Your converter/charger will run just fine on a typical 20 amp outlet. What most people don't understand is that just because your converter may be rated for say 50amps DC output it doesn't mean it is charging your battery bank at that rate. Your converter will charge at a high rate, usually on the order of 15 to 40 amps until your bank reaches 90% charge. It then tapers back the amps and increases the volts. On a 2 stage charger typical of most RVs this will be around 13.6 volts and amperage dropping off to nearly nothing in the final 10% of charging. Therefore the last 10% can take several days. Unfortunately if you have a 2-stage charger your battery bank will never get the "equalization" charge that is required by most of the major battery manufactures to maintain and fully charge them. The 3rd stage of a 3 stage charger is an increase of voltage to 14.4 volts and only about 1 amp or less output to "overcharge" the batteries. This maintains their health and insures 100% full charge. Without this your batteries life is greatly reduced.
Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
www.nwjeepn.com
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 03:15 PM   #5

Thank You very much, that sheds a whole different light on my problem.Had to have the gen. jump started the other day with new batteries less than a month old. Ran the gen.for about 1hr. and the next day the same problem, it won't start. Nothing but a click.Disconnect is on, engine starts with plenty of juice.

Tags
bed