Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-16-2019, 10:45 PM   #1
Flyboy1950

Unhappy Remote control won’t operate slide out

Recently my 2014 Wildcat Maxx T27RLS won’t operate the slide out from my remote. The slide out WILL still operate with the interior switch, just not from the remote. Has anyone else had this problem, and if so, what was the problem? Any help on where to start would be much appreciated!
Sbosserman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 10:03 AM   #2

i'm assuming you have the same remote as ours which is made by lippert.

1. check the battery in the remote. it's a non-common battery. at least i hadn't seen one before but i was able to find a new one at walmart.
2. make sure you have the remote within range of the receiver. our remote only works within about 20 feet of the receiver, even with a new battery.
3. check the fuses in the receiver. the one for the slide out may have blown.

there was another post a few months ago about this system and i learned a couple of things, but i may be a bit hazy on them. so do not take what follows as absolute truth.
1. if you open the slides with the remote you have to close it with the remote, or if you open it with the switch you have to close it with the switch.
2. there may be two fuses involved. one in the fuse panel that is used by the hardwired switch and one in the remote receiver that is used by the remote. one could be blown and will only stop one mode (switch or remote). the other mode will continue to work.

our remote operates the slides, porch light, and awning. see if you can get porch light and awning to work via the remote. if these work it pretty much eliminates the remote battery and distance from the receiver.

hope this helps. i spent a lot of time trying to figure out why our porch lights would not turn on.
Old 06-18-2019, 09:54 AM   #3
Site Team

ChickDoe is partially right. With the light if you turn it on with the remote you can't turn it off with the switch, and if you turn it on with the switch you can't turn it off with the remote.

As for the slides they are correct that there are separate fuses for the remote functions and manual switch circuits. The fuses for the remote functions are on the receiver.

Do you know where your receiver is?

There are a couple of Wildcats that have posted in the Where's your remote receiver/hub thread that state that theirs is in the "pass through behind vanity panel on passenger side"

Tags
remote, slide, slide out