Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-15-2021, 07:35 PM   #1

Renogy Customer Service- What's happend to it?

Curious if anyone here has been unable to contact Renogy Customer Service/Support recently?

No phone number and website only allows contact via "inquiries" using an online form.

How long should one wait for a response? It's been a week now snd nothing, not even a "we're working on it" response.

I posted this question here as I wasn't sure where it belonged and I figured most who had interactions with Renogy would be visiting here.

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2004 Nissan Titan
TitanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2021, 08:15 PM   #2

mr mike,

send an email to mark bruce and 'mbruce@redarcelectronic.com'. i recently had questions about their dc to dc battery charger and mr bruce was outstanding in his support! probably the best tech support i have experienced. he had me take some voltage and amperage readings both before and after the installation of the charger and then he explained what was going on.

hope this helps!
Old 05-16-2021, 05:58 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanMike View Post
Curious if anyone here has been unable to contact Renogy Customer Service/Support recently?

No phone number and website only allows contact via "inquiries" using an online form.

How long should one wait for a response? It's been a week now snd nothing, not even a "we're working on it" response.

I posted this question here as I wasn't sure where it belonged and I figured most who had interactions with Renogy would be visiting here.
I hate to say it, but over the last two years I have more than a few reviews of poor tech support by Renogy.
PhilFromMaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2021, 07:00 AM   #4

Check out their reviews:

https://www.trustpilot.com/review/renogy.com

Bruce
Old 05-16-2021, 12:37 PM   #5

All their support has gone off shore to people that can't even speak understandable english! This will be a real business killer in my estimation, at least for me. If a business can't have US support they don't need my business!!
azwiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2021, 01:41 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by azwiz View Post
All their support has gone off shore to people that can't even speak understandable english! This will be a real business killer in my estimation, at least for me. If a business can't have US support they don't need my business!!
I know that at least some of their products are made in China and rebranded in their name. Small solar is a very competitive business and I would bet they are feeling the competitive heat and adjusting as best they can.
PhilFromMaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2021, 01:44 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHICKDOE View Post
mr mike,

send an email to mark bruce and 'mbruce@redarcelectronic.com'. i recently had questions about their dc to dc battery charger and mr bruce was outstanding in his support! probably the best tech support i have experienced. he had me take some voltage and amperage readings both before and after the installation of the charger and then he explained what was going on.

hope this helps!
Thank you for your response. I really need to contact Renogy as my question involves one of their products which the tech person at Redarc may, or may not, be able to assist with.

What's disappointing is that Renogy is always hyped (by bloggers and their own advertising) as a great product. That may be, and both items I own of theirs have been satisfactory, but what good is a "fantastic product" if when you need factory support they merely "ghost" your inquiries.

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2004 Nissan Titan
TitanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2021, 09:15 PM   #8

Hey Mike, be happy your request was submitted... I tried for 2 days to submit a question and each time, the form would error out and it never submitted

Toy4Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2021, 10:29 PM   #9
Scoundrel

This is disappointing to hear. I installed two of their monocrystalline panels 4 years ago and their customer support back then was excellent.

Wooden Spoon Survivor
HangDiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 09:47 PM   #10

I have their 20 amp DC to DC charger. I ordered the temp sensor and they sent me the wrong one. I called the number off of the invoice and had a replacement in a couple of days. I hope your problems with them are not a sign of things to come as I also have a solar suitcase and the Renogy battery monitor.

2016 Boston Whaler Montauk 150
Former Montana owner
Colorado Cruiser, Over the Pass and Down the Hill
Comanchecreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 10:17 PM   #11

I have a 2KW inverter and, while I didn't have a problem, I did have some questions. I failed to reach customer support despite multiple attempts by different means. I think they suffered especially as a result of COVID shutdowns.

Tags
customer service, service