Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-06-2014, 02:43 PM   #1

Satellite tv connection flagstaff 2015 27rlws

Recently purchased 2015 Flagstaff 27rlws (first travel trailer). I am trying to get my satellite tv connection figured out. Have two outside coax jacks one for cable and the other for satellite. Inside I also have two coax jacks one for Sat/Aux and the other for TV. If I connect my dish direct to the satellite receiver without going through travel trailer wiring everything works fine. When I connect my dish to the satellite jack outside and my receiver to the Sat/Aux jack inside, I have compete loss of signal. I've tried other combinations but nothing works through the travel trailer wiring. I am assuming the connection between the outside satellite jack and the inside Sat/Aux jack is a home run (no splitters). Am I correct on this? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
camperbonka
camperbonka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 02:50 PM   #2

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by camperbonka View Post
Recently purchased 2015 Flagstaff 27rlws (first travel trailer). I am trying to get my satellite tv connection figured out. Have two outside coax jacks one for cable and the other for satellite. Inside I also have two coax jacks one for Sat/Aux and the other for TV. If I connect my dish direct to the satellite receiver without going through travel trailer wiring everything works fine. When I connect my dish to the satellite jack outside and my receiver to the Sat/Aux jack inside, I have compete loss of signal. I've tried other combinations but nothing works through the travel trailer wiring. I am assuming the connection between the outside satellite jack and the inside Sat/Aux jack is a home run (no splitters). Am I correct on this? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
camperbonka
Try reversing the exterior hookup and use the terminal marked "cable". The factory "may have" crossed the wire hookups. If so, then simply remove the exterior plug-in plate and reverse the wire connections.
l001952119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 03:48 PM   #3

27RLWS satellite conection

Make sure that the external antenna switch, located under the TV in the entertainment center is turned off. It is a booster for the crank up antenna, and my satellite connection won't work with it on. Mine is located on the right side of the center lower entertainment center.
beechjet16mf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 04:41 PM   #4

Thanks for the feed back. We are going camping for the next couple of days (first time out) and I will try your suggestions and let you know if it worked.
Thanks again.
camperbonka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 05:14 PM   #5

I had the same problem with my Columbus. By my TV in the living room I have two satellite connections. The easiest one to get to, says satellite but it is for the TV in the bed room. the satellite connection for the living room TV is right above the antenna connection. I hope this is your problem.
mcclammer1987 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
flagstaff, satellite