Old 08-01-2020, 10:35 AM   #1

Slide out not working at all!

We got to the campground late last night, in our 2018 Wolf Pup 18TO. The 30A breaker wouldnít work on the campground pedestal, so I used a 50A to 30A adapter to plug in.
My slide out would not work at all, I noticed the awning switch is working in reverse. I think my 12 volt battery is dead. Any help would be appreciated.
Jimmylee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 04:57 PM   #2
Head Rambler

Has the battery disconnected/reconnected any time in the last little while?

We had a thread here a little while ago where their battery was completely discharged and got charged in reverse, which made all their motor reversing switches work backward.
Old 08-01-2020, 09:29 PM   #3

Thanks Bama, nothing has been changed in the wiring, I took the battery to autozone and it tested bad so I replaced it. The slide is working fine with the new battery, but the awning is still working backward. Going to investigate further. Thanks for your help.
Old 08-02-2020, 08:36 AM   #4
Head Rambler

Does the slide switch work backward to what it used to? If so, you connected the battery backward. If you did that, the slide and awning switches (and any other motor that reverses) will operate backward to what they used to.

You've likely also blew the reverse polarity fuses in the converter, so it won't be charging the battery.

Can you post a pic of the battery as it's connected now, or at least tell us the color of the cable on the positive and negative posts.
Old 08-02-2020, 12:07 PM   #5
NXR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmylee View Post
... but the awning is still working backward.
Our Solera awnings will roll fully out and if you stay on the button it will roll back up. That makes it appear as if the button is wired backwards.

"Someone" did that once because they used the control panel inside instead of the phone app and could not see the awning moving. Solera says that is not an issue, just run it "backwards" until it's fully out and the switch will now work correctly.

Ray
Old 08-02-2020, 03:08 PM   #6

Thanks again Bama, The slide is working correctly, The red wire is connected to the positive post and black wire to the ground, the new battery was down to about 9 volts this morning on my tester. The slide wouldnít work so I jumped it with the truck battery. I believe the slide will take a full 12 volts. Donít think the converter is charging my new deep cycle battery. I looked at the reversed polarity fuses last night and they looked ok but will check them again . I had to drop it off at the storage but will check into it again later. Thanks again for all the help.
Old 08-02-2020, 03:10 PM   #7

Thanks NXR, Iíll check that on the awning, that may be what is going on. I donít think I ever fully extended it last night because the wind was gusty.
Old 08-10-2020, 08:56 PM   #8

Problem solved

Thanks to both of you for your help. NXR you were correct when we just held the awning button down it cycled on through and started to retract, the switch is back working correctly now. We finally slid the converter out so we could test the output and was getting a full 13.6 volts, at the battery it was showing only 11 volts, we removed the wires from the battery and was still getting 11V, so we traced the wires from the converter to a circuit breaker mounted on the frame. The wire coming from the converter showed 13.6V but the other side of the breaker only 11. Removed the breaker and checked the continuity which was good, it wasnít corroded but was a little dirty, so I cleaned it up with a wire brush, itís now charging the battery as it should. Again your help was very much appreciated.
Old 08-10-2020, 09:47 PM   #9
NXR

And one person's mistake saves yet another.

My DW told me the awning wasn't working so I tried it. I could see the awning start to tighten up and I was like WTH? How is the control working backwards but only on one awning? So I asked just how she tried to extend the awning and she told me she did it from the touchscreen in the middle of the coach and I knew what happened.

She had forgotten about the phone app and fortunately I had read though the manuals once upon a time so I knew it was no big deal.

Ray

Tags
slide, slide out