Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-22-2020, 06:17 PM   #1

Slide out power

Sorry...new guy here! If this is covered I couldn't find it. Could someone please point me in the right direction. Slide-out was working yesterday. After a very bumpy ride up I95 it quit working. After troubleshooting...motor and switch work. There is no power on the big red wire (#12 I think). I can't find any wire in the fuse panel that big so where does it get its power from?

2015 Rockwood Mini Lite M2109S
jpsamanka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 06:44 PM   #2

No click, no power all together or it clicks but doesn't move?

Mine will get stuck (in a bind I suppose) and not move. If i manually move the override a couple of cranks it'll work then. Just make sure to remove the tool before you hit the button..
007matman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 08:24 PM   #3

I opened the panel and there is no voltage on the red wire. I jumped 12 volts to the switch and it works fine so I need to know where the red wire gets its power because I can't find it in the fuse panel.
Old 09-23-2020, 09:09 AM   #4

Our trailer has two breakers with manual rest on the frame up by the junction box on the slide side of the trailer. They are located above a cut out access panel in the under belly cover.

One is a 40A which serves the entire trailer, it feeds a 30A that is for the slide.

2020 Rockwood Mini Lite 2109S
2022 Ford F-350 Lariat, 4x4, CC, SRW, 7.3L
01tundra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 09:12 AM   #5
Site Team

There is most likely a breaker on the frame near the front of the RV. There should be a small button on one side of it that's the reset. press it in to reset it.

It'll look like the one below, but it may be metal or plastic.
Old 09-23-2020, 10:38 PM   #6

Thanks for the replies! I found it with help from 01tundra and Bama Rambler. It was a 30 amp ATO fuse in a weather proof fuse holder up on the frame rail right next to the 40 amp breaker like Bama posted. It looks like it might have been a repair from the PO as there is a wire nut involved. Anyhow...it’s fixed! The adventures of buying a used RV! Thanks again!
Old 09-24-2020, 04:27 AM   #7
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpsamanka View Post
Thanks for the replies! I found it with help from 01tundra and Bama Rambler. It was a 30 amp ATO fuse in a weather proof fuse holder up on the frame rail right next to the 40 amp breaker like Bama posted. It looks like it might have been a repair from the PO as there is a wire nut involved. Anyhow...it’s fixed! The adventures of buying a used RV! Thanks again!
thanx for letting us know the solution. it may help another member some day.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 06:51 AM   #8

They are known to go out so I carry a spare 30A & 40A.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Old 09-24-2020, 07:25 AM   #9
Site Team

Thanks much for coming back and letting us know what it was and where you found it.

Our landing gear has a fuse inline like you described. I had a heck of a time finding it in the beginning. It was hidden in the wire loom near the battery.

I carry a pretty large assorted kit of fuses, but replacing the fuse with a breaker like 01 linked above might be a good idea.
Old 09-24-2020, 09:25 AM   #10

For future reference, here's what they look like on our trailer, the one furthest away in the background (closest to the tongue of the trailer) is the 30A for the slide, the one closer to the silver metal junction box is the 40A for the entire trailer 12VDC system.

The silver junction box is where your 7-way pigtail that connects to the tow vehicle terminates.

Pro tip - If you even have an issue with exterior driving marker lights not working is a group, check for loose wires in the junction box, I've had to fix two already from poor installation from the factory.......

Old 09-24-2020, 07:26 PM   #11

Thanks Tundra...I did not have my phone in my pocket to take a picture and I've had several back surgeries and not even supposed to be on a creeper so I ain't goin back under for a picture! But thats it. My slide power was a plastic ATO fuse holder like the black one in your picture with the red wire. You all have been great! Thanks again! John
Old 09-28-2020, 08:24 AM   #12

I too want to thank you guys, especially Tundra and Bama for the pics. With out shore power I had no lights or anything. I had zero volts DC on the converter DC panel. Yesterday I had located the underbelly access panel and had traced my open to the “terminal block” but had no idea that thing was a fuse. Last night searching through the forums I found this post and those Pics. Talk about excited. First thing this morning I removed the panel and reset the popped fuse. Eureka! You guys are Saints while the guy that buried these fuses in the underbelly is a sadistic Bastid ������ that probably throws kittens in the air for a bit of fun.

Patty & Nick
Newt-2020 Flagstaff MicroLite 21fbrs
2016 GMC Canyon 2.8TD
BoostAutoParts.com tow mirrors
nickjmobile is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
power, slide, slide out