Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-13-2022, 05:15 PM   #1

Starter battery - 2014 Georgetown 328

Starter battery - Georgetown 328 we have been parked and on shore power for 4 months. I assume that shore power would keep the starter battery charged. But the battery died. Was I wrong to assume that somewhere in my power system was a circuit to keep the starter batteries charged? Or is there something wrong with my power system. Even the battery boost didn't help. I started the engine with my portable starter. Do I need to troubleshoot further? I can start the engine every week and run it for a few minutes.
Gerald S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2022, 08:40 PM   #2

Did you have the coach batteries connected? They need to be connected to charge all the batteries while on shore/generator power. If they were connected are the coach batteries charged (you said battery boost didn't work)? If not charged and connected your converter may have gone south. If coach batteries are charged but the chassis battery is not there may be an issue with your battery control center (controls cross charging of batteries) which also is where the interconnect relay for cross charging and also boost starting (same relay) is located. Of course, there are fuses and maybe a DC breaker associated with the issues.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2014, battery, georgetown, tow