Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-08-2017, 07:48 PM   #1

Suburban oven problems

Have a 2015 microlight with the suburban gas oven. The problem is the pilot light will not stay lit when oven burner turns off after reaching cooking temp so it can relight the burner to keep cooking. Had it checked by dealer and they weren't helpful. Any ideas?
Lex Barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 07:07 AM   #2
Site Team

Since it initially lights and stays lit, the thermocouple is most likely good. Given that, it's likely that the thermocouple needs to be adjusted a little closer to the pilot flame

Did the dealer try adjusting the t/c (thermocouple) closer to the pilot?

Here's a link to a service manual for Suburban ovens. Look on page 12 for a description of the issue you're having.

It wouldn't be a bad idea to check (or have checked) the gas system pressure.
Old 10-09-2017, 07:27 AM   #3

Suburban did have some issues with that about that time frame. My D.O.M was 4-2015. Mine did and the dealer replaced the pilot valve assembly and orifice under warranty at that time, or so they said. Same symptoms you describe.
Has it always been this way or is this the 1st times you used it? Dirt on orifice?
Mine has been fine since then, although you need to be a contortionist to get it lit.
Checking system pressure with manometer is pretty tricky to rig up. 11.5" W.C is only about .5 psi if my math is good
jeff64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 07:30 AM   #4
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff64 View Post
Suburban did have some issues with that about that time frame. Mine did and the dealer replaced the pilot valve assembly and orifice. It's been fine since although you need to be a contortionist to get it lit
This is correct although I don't remember the date range of the failures. Go to this website ====> Suburban - RV Water Heaters, Furnaces, Ranges and Cooktops | Airxcel
Contact their customer service people and explain your issue and let them have a chance to solve your problem. They sent me parts which I installed myself (something about the wrong size orifice, etc.) That was on a previous trailer. Let us know what you learn.

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 = 111/'19 = 86/'20 =108/'21 = 115/'22 = 135/'23 = 78; Booked for 2024 = 69
Mr. Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 01:33 PM   #5

Thank you for the info on the oven. I am working on it and will post what works.
Lex Barnes is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
suburban