Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-19-2016, 01:39 PM   #1
Sunseeker 3010DS

Sunseeker batteries dead?

I'm a newbe so forgive me if this is an old subject. I left my house battery switch for a couple of months while the motor home was in storage and not only the house batteries were dead but the engine battery was also dead. I'm not sure that is right? well I charged my house batteries with the inverter and used the switch under the seat to start the truck. After an hours drive everything is charged back up. All of the batteries are under a year old.

Any ideas why this happened to both the truck and house batteries?
slamac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 05:53 PM   #2

Could simply be all self discharged . Couple of months allows for significant wet cell battery discharge especially in winter storage. It is possible that the battery isolation circuit failed to isolate the coach battery. Parasitic losses from propane detectors ,etc bleed you dry given enough time. Don't feel too badly about leaving the battery switch on. The coach may still have powered circuits ahead of the switch. My coach steps and jacks still get power with the switch off. Best to visit your coach and run the generator for 30 - 60 minutes every month even if you can't take it for a 30 min drive. The genny really needs the excercise and most are wired to charge house and coach bats when running. In any event, unfortunately, discharged batteries will have a reduced service life. May not want your first trip out to be all dry camping.
Old 06-26-2016, 03:50 PM   #3
Sunseeker 3010DS

Thank You! It is the BMI Battery Management Isolater. Apparently there is a recall on this one.

Thanks for the reply.
slamac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 06:43 AM   #4

This happened to me with my 3170ds. Where is the recall and what is the BMI exactly? My sunseeker is a 2013.

Thanks
usandtwoboys is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sunseeker, battery