Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-05-2022, 08:22 AM   #1

Surveyor Legend In-line Solar Panel Fuse Location

Is the in-line solar panel positive cable fuse located inside the interior wiring junction behind the Go Power control module, outside the trailer in the solar power positive cable connected to the battery, or in the fuse panel? I have either overlooked it or simply can’t find it.
WornOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2022, 07:25 PM   #2

we have a 2021 surveyor legend 19BHLE. it has (had) an 80 watt panel on the roof. is this your setup?

in preparation for upgrading the 80 watt to 200 watt, I inspected the wiring that comes down from the roof and goes into the charge controller on the wall at the entryway to the camper. in my rig there is no inline solar fuse in the circuit, so you may not have one, either.
faithie999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2022, 08:07 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithie999 View Post
we have a 2021 surveyor legend 19BHLE. it has (had) an 80 watt panel on the roof. is this your setup?

in preparation for upgrading the 80 watt to 200 watt, I inspected the wiring that comes down from the roof and goes into the charge controller on the wall at the entryway to the camper. in my rig there is no inline solar fuse in the circuit, so you may not have one, either.
Thanks, I looked back at the wiring diagram in the owners manual. The fuse, according to Go Power, is located between the positive battery cable and the control module. I had looked for the fuse there, but could not find it. It may, as you say, not exist. I sent a request to the dealer before I made the original post. I have not received a reply. I suppose the only remedy to the b01 error code if there’s no fuse is a hard reset.
Old 11-09-2022, 06:38 AM   #4

your original post didn't mention an error code. what does the error code translate to?

since the wiring diagram says the fuse in question is AFTER the GoPower charge controller, then it's not a solar panel fuse in an MC4 holder. it would be a normal DC fuse, maybe in an inline holder.

if you have the surveyor 19' I can help you get into the compartment behind the GoPower controller.

I would also not hesitate to contact forest river directly. I have had several questions answered promptly by Megan in customer support. myoung@forestriverinc.com
Old 11-09-2022, 07:05 AM   #5

A b01 error code is "No Battery" connected to the Solar controller. I would check the wiring between the battery and the controller, if there is a fuse blow on that line, that would certainly explain it. If you can get to the back of the controller, the positive line from the battery should read 12V , or whatever your battery voltage is.
Old 11-09-2022, 07:11 AM   #6

WornOut--is this camper new to you, or did this problem just crop up after the solar system had been working correctly?
Old 11-09-2022, 09:00 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPcamper View Post
A b01 error code is "No Battery" connected to the Solar controller. I would check the wiring between the battery and the controller, if there is a fuse blow on that line, that would certainly explain it. If you can get to the back of the controller, the positive line from the battery should read 12V , or whatever your battery voltage is.
Thanks again. It’s a 252RBLE. I didn’t mention the error code in my original post because it wasn’t irrelevant to the location of the fuse. There are two sets of positive and negative cables that terminate at the solar panel controller. One set from the solar panel and one from the battery in addition to the battery power cables that terminate in the interior power/fuse panel. The fuse, according to Go Power, should be in the battery positive cable that terminates at the control module. If it’s not inline between the battery and the control module, it probably doesn’t exist.
Old 11-09-2022, 09:01 AM   #8

(sorry, meant to say “wasn’t relevant”) I’m ]Thanks again. It’s a 252RBLE. I didn’t mention the error code in my original post because it wasn’t irrelevant to the location of the fuse. There are two sets of positive and negative cables that terminate at the solar panel controller. One set from the solar panel and one from the battery in addition to the battery power cables that terminate in the interior power/fuse panel. The fuse, according to Go Power, should be in the battery positive cable that terminates at the control module. If it’s not inline between the battery and the control module, it probably doesn’t exist.[/QUOTE]
Old 11-09-2022, 09:08 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPcamper View Post
Thanks. The code is either battery below 3.6V or disconnected. Two ways to reset error code. Hard reset of control module, disconnect positive and negative cables from solar panel and battery, wait 45 minutes, reconnect and check if code has cleared, or replace the inline fuse between the battery to solar panel positive cable, if it is blown. I will contact Forest River directly.
Old 11-09-2022, 09:09 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithie999 View Post
WornOut--is this camper new to you, or did this problem just crop up after the solar system had been working correctly?
New issue.

Tags
cat, fuse, location, panel, solar, solar panel, surveyor