Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-08-2012, 12:59 AM   #1

Angry Touch screen remote and wall controls inop

I have a 2012 Salem 36BHBS that came with this fancy touch screen i phone looking remote that controls the awning, slide outs, outside light and front and rear stabilizer jacks. The camper was born in March 2012 and I have had it a total of 3 weeks.

The remote did work, but after last weekend it quit working. The remote doesnt work, and the buttons and light switches, awning, stab jacks wall controls do not work either. My jacks are down and slide outs are stuck out.....kinda hard to take it back to the dealer for repairs that way.....

I called my dealer of course....they said they had no idea and would have to call the factory.

I checked all fuses, breakers, unplugged the unit and no reset. There has to be a receiver (brain box) for the remote to work. Where is it? Dealer didnt know. Can it be reset?

Any help would be appreciated.
robertjasinski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 09:41 AM   #2

Is the remote powered? Maybe charge the remote first.
Barnman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 09:59 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Even though it has a remote for these things, there should be manual buttons for all this on a wall somewhere. If not, what are you going to do when the battery dies in the remote? Never seen a camper without "manual" ways around all the "fancy" stuff. Call your dealer, and see if he knows where the manual buttons are. I don't know about Salem, but even Cardinals with remote control stuff still have the switches wired in to a panel on a wall. The switches are usually just inside the main door, so you can extend slides and stuff, without really having to go in the camper. This is because some models you can't get in with the slides closed.
2008 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic

2008 Work and Play 18LT
LadyWindrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 11:39 AM   #4

On my cheapo grey wolf, with remote powered awning, stabs, and slide, there is only a trailer mounted switch for the slide and awning. No switches for the power stabs. I do know when I push the remote buttons, I can here the relays in an upper cabinet and always figured I could possibly jump a circuit there if needed. I do not know why they have power jacks that only work by remote (of course you can always manually raise them with the provided handle eek
Joel
jtstromsburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 06:32 AM   #5

I have the same issue. Stuck in a camground with remote and wall switch not working for 3 tip-out an rear jacks. Anybody know where the multi function box for the remote is in the Salem Hemisphere 356QBQ?
lacelles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 06:53 AM   #6

Alright found the mult-function box in the front strogage cabinet. Had to remove one wall (holding with 5 screws). 2 fuses (30 and 40 amps) where dead.
lacelles is offline   Reply With Quote