Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-01-2017, 11:11 PM   #1

trimetric monitor and contoller

thinking about ordering the tm 2030 charger and the sc2030 for charging to go with my 3 100 watt renogy panels .....does anyone use or have expiererance with that set up
jasper 2618 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 05:52 AM   #2

I did a lot of research before buying and electrical is sort of a thing for me. Bogart (Trimetric and SC2030 solar controller) are in my opinion by far the best combination available for both solar as well as general battery condition monitoring in RVs. There are a lot of reasons and if you need some specifics, let me know. The SC2030 is a 30 amp solar controller and uses PWM technology...and communicates with the Trimetric that results in a lot of advanced features.

2015 335DS
ScottBrownstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 06:48 AM   #3

Bogart SC2030 CC and Trimetric TM2030-RV Installation
cpd1343 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 07:17 AM   #4

Nice reference...sort of says it all for the average reader. BTW, some feel that the Trimetric, when installed in that white PVC junction box, looks something like what you would have found on "the Apollo capsule." Can't disagree, you can order the TM-2030A model and just cut a square hole in the plywood panel where you want to install it and mount it flush...much more 21st century!

One bonus feature is that the 2030 charge controller gets its battery voltage data from the Trimetric, measured right at the battery lug, so it automatically compensates for voltage drops in the controller to battery cables, making large conductors unnecessary.

2015 335DS
Old 04-02-2017, 07:27 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottBrownstein View Post
Nice reference...sort of says it all for the average reader. BTW, some feel that the Trimetric, when installed in that white PVC junction box, looks something like what you would have found on "the Apollo capsule." Can't disagree, you can order the TM-2030A model and just cut a square hole in the plywood panel where you want to install it and mount it flush...much more 21st century!

One bonus feature is that the 2030 charge controller gets its battery voltage data from the Trimetric, measure right at the battery lug, so it automatically compensates for voltage drops in the controller to battery cables, making large conductors unnecessary.
If I were to build a camping trailer from the ground up it would be styled after the interior of a spacecraft.
johnbryanpeters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 08:56 PM   #6

I use the trimetric controller and monitor with 200W ROOF MOUNTED And 200w portable I can just plug in in parallel. have been using for two years and would not even consider anything else after using. Always know where batteries stand. seldome have to use 200w portable except when in shade.
Days Camped 2016 91, 2017 110
Days camped 2018 136
nodrawers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 09:06 PM   #7

Hi,

I have that monitor/charger combination with 300 watts on the roof.

I couldn't be more pleased with not only the way I know what is going on with my power system, but also the support I got from the company as I set it up.

FWIW.

Rich Phillips
richp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 10:20 PM   #8
Senior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottBrownstein View Post

One bonus feature is that the 2030 charge controller gets its battery voltage data from the Trimetric, measured right at the battery lug, so it automatically compensates for voltage drops in the controller to battery cables, making large conductors unnecessary.
Scott i thought the same thing about the color of the box for the SC-2030RV. Fortunately I bought the TM-2030 and SC-2030 controller at the same time and the controller came with the same box in black so I swapped the boxes since the controller In my installation is concealed. I thought briefly about mounting the TM-2030RV panel flush but didn't trust my skill with cutting a hole in a recessed panel with only 1/8 inch of an overlap.
sailski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 10:28 AM   #9

It IS a tight hole to cut!
Toyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 11:22 AM   #10

Yep...that is why I bought the 2030-A, didn't like the colors but really easy to flush mount. I too would have preferred the white, but it is too difficult to cut a hole that tightly.

2015 335DS