Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-16-2008, 03:22 PM   #1

tv Digital converter box question 2007 Rockwood

I got the $40 coupon today and called Camping World tech. # to find out if I could install the Winegard (or similar) that they are offering.

The tech rep. told me that the pass through box "just goes between the antenna and the tv". Well that sounds good but when I look in the "electronic" recess next to my Concertone set up I am confused. There is a Winegard face plate with 2 coax connectors and a little black switch.

I am suppose to put the converter box in the recess between the coax from the Winegard antenna and one of those coax connectors (THAT HAVE NOTHING CONNECTED TO THEM NOW).

Where is the coax from the antenna?

I know this would be obvious if the coax was "exposed" but I am missing it.
Patrick45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 08:28 PM   #2
Cyber Phrenologist

Find the antenna coax that comes from the TV and plug it into the converter box. Then run a coax from the box to where ever the antenna cable used to go. Most converter boxes will go into a "Pass Thru" mode when you turn them off, for when you watch a DVD or are attached to cable at a park.

And now you will have yet another remote control to deal with.

Radio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 05:56 PM   #3

A Follow Up

I got the following reply from Jeff at Forest River: "If you remove the Winegard wall plate the TV antenna is the first hook up on you right, It should be a light tan color coax."
Patrick45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 06:09 PM   #4

Quote:
There is a Winegard face plate with 2 coax connectors and a little black switch.
The Coax connector on the bottom is for the TV antenna, the top one is for a satelite reciever connection. The black button turns the TV antenna amplifier on.

Connect your TV converter box to the Coax connector for the TV, and turn the amplifer on.

Then connect the TV antenna input to the output of the converter box. Optionally you can use the red/white/yellow RCA jacks to connect the TV if the TV supports them. The video jacks will give you a better picture.

Hope this helps.

John U
2010 Born Free 22RSK
midnightpumpkin is offline   Reply With Quote