Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-28-2020, 01:52 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by richp View Post
Hi,

After about three years, I have been very satisfied with my Xantrex.

Hope this helps.

Rich Phillips

Put this one in our boat. Like it so far.
Bradmond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 12:52 PM   #22
Recently new!

Send a message via AIM to Paulie1138
Currently have an older Pure Sine Wave Samlex. Mine is the 3kw unit. Got it in a trade, so no money involved. Overkill, yes. But “price’ of trades was right. Downside, has a large current draw even in standby off mode. Only use it for the microwave, as I have a secondary smaller PSW unit I run for the rest of the time off grid. Just a matter of going out and flipping the switch and switching the plug. Running 2 6v batteries, and they have held up just fine, almost 4 years now. I have yet to go below 50% doing things this way. Remember, the Microwave is only on for short durations of a minute or 3 most of the time.
Loving wife, R.I.P., 6/6/19
and Mason the always dirty dog! R.I.P, 2/19
Paulie1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 09:11 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLeising View Post
No need to PM. I posted the brand, and an Amazon link here:

https://www.forestriverforums.com/fo...ml#post2329653

Post #59

The GOWise inverter seems to work well, but I haven’t had it long enough to determine reliability. It came with a wired remote turn on/off switch and some totally inadequate cables. It is fairly large dimensionally, and the installation instructions require an added 5 inches on one end and 2 inches on the other for proper ventilation (I eliminated a kitchen drawer and converted the space to a vented shelf to accommodate it).

FYI
Jim
That unit has four 30 amp fuses internal which leads me to believe it is more like a 1000 watt labeled as a 2000 watt, a practice which seems common.
Old 06-05-2020, 09:28 PM   #24
2012 Solera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Half Ton Heavy View Post
That unit has four 30 amp fuses internal which leads me to believe it is more like a 1000 watt labeled as a 2000 watt, a practice which seems common.
Maybe. Seems to run comfortably powering the microwave, pulling 120 amps at 13 volts (1560 watts input power). Believe about 1400 watts output. No notable sag or other similar issue. Haven’t tested for full 2000 watt load - my goal was/is running the microwave.

Note: The owner’s manual says uses 8 each 40 amp fuses. Lists 4 each 40 amp fuses for a lower output unit.
JLeising is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
inverter