Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-08-2021, 08:59 AM   #1

Xantrex Freedom X 1200 invertor not working

I am new to RV life and am having trouble with my Xantrex Freedom X 1200 inverter not working.
I am not getting any power to the Xantrex inverter in the RV itself or at the inverter in the front storage of the 5th wheel.
Any ideas of what I can try to do to repair?
JennaA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2021, 10:08 AM   #2

Inverter needs 12vDC power. If your battery is dead or not connected they won't work.

Is there a battery disconnect? Is the battery hooked up and fully charged? Inverters draw enormous amounts of power from the battery and will shut down when the battery gets low.

-- Chuck
Old 12-08-2021, 03:20 PM   #3

I'll go even simpler and ask: Is it turned on? There is a small, round button on the inverter that you need to push in to turn it on. The reason I know this is because I did not know I had to turn on the inverter and always wondered why my residential fridge didn't work on battery power.

1200W solar > 412 Ah LiFePO4 > Victron MultiPlus II > Cerbo GX
corn18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2021, 12:41 AM   #4

I had the same issue with the same model inverter on my new 2022 Heritage Glen 369BL which I took delivery of a couple weeks ago. It started at the solar controller. I was getting an over voltage error code on the controller so I started opening the battery boxes and measuring voltage at the batteries. Voltage at the batteries was fine. Took the controller off the wall and measured voltage at the solar input terminal and the battery terminal. Readings were erratic. Then realized the battery wires were connected to the solar terminals. And the solar wires connected to the battery terminals. Swapped them. And the solar controller comes to life and operates correctly. Great. Inverter still not working. I’m getting a bit ticked off because this thing is brand new and my first camper. I start tracing the wiring from the inverter to the batteries. And that’s when I notice the black, negative wire connected to the positive post on my secondary battery. Moved the negative wire to the negative post and voila. The inverter turns on.

So. My point in explaining all this is, don’t trust the factory hooked up your electrical wiring correctly. And don’t trust the dealership did a proper delivery inspection of all the components installed on your camper.

Should I have caught the solar controller error code during my delivery walk around? Yes. And I did and I pointed it out to the dealership. But after a nightmare delivery day, I forgot to go back to check the controller before leaving the dealership.

If I ever buy a brand new camper again, the dealership is going to hate me after I go through everything with a fine tooth comb.
Jhammack11 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
freedom