Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-04-2016, 08:42 PM   #1

2015 Wind Jammer rims

I am going to put new tires on it in a couple of months. It has the factory Trail Express 225/75R 15" C tires and has these Lionshead rims on it. What I would like to know is if any of you that have or had the same tires and rims from factory what was the pressure rating on these rims?
I want to go with 10 ply E ST Carlisle Radial Trail RH tires but won't know till I get the tires off of the rims if they will take the extra pressure of a 10 ply tire or if I will have to go with the 8 ply D tire.

Carrier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 07:59 AM   #2

I asked a guy at customer service at eTrailer the same question. I have the same wheels. He said they will be fine at 80psi.

Bruce
Old 03-05-2016, 08:47 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrier View Post
I am going to put new tires on it in a couple of months. It has the factory Trail Express 225/75R 15" C tires and has these Lionshead rims on it. What I would like to know is if any of you that have or had the same tires and rims from factory what was the pressure rating on these rims?
I want to go with 10 ply E ST Carlisle Radial Trail RH tires but won't know till I get the tires off of the rims if they will take the extra pressure of a 10 ply tire or if I will have to go with the 8 ply D tire.

Hi changed my tires out last year in March to Carlisle Radial 10 ply E load range tires with no problem. Run tire pressure at 75 - 80 Lb pressure. You will like how much better the TT tows with the higher load range tires. I have a 2015 30wikss Flagstaff V-Lite same unit as the W3025 Rockwood Windjjamer just different inside colors and fabrics. They are built on the same production line in Millersburg Indiana. Make sure when you buy the tire that you get tire with a born on date no more that 3-4 months old If I had not asked for this at discount tire they would have sold me a set that was 1 year old already.
TimVWulp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 10:32 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimVWulp View Post
Hi changed my tires out last year in March to Carlisle Radial 10 ply E load range tires with no problem. Run tire pressure at 75 - 80 Lb pressure. You will like how much better the TT tows with the higher load range tires. I have a 2015 30wikss Flagstaff V-Lite same unit as the W3025 Rockwood Windjjamer just different inside colors and fabrics. They are built on the same production line in Millersburg Indiana. Make sure when you buy the tire that you get tire with a born on date no more that 3-4 months old If I had not asked for this at discount tire they would have sold me a set that was 1 year old already.
I was hoping to hear that.
Old 03-05-2016, 12:07 PM   #5

I would check with the maker to be sure. If they are aluminum they may be 65 psi rated, i know mine are. I bought 'E's because they were the only tire in stock, but run them at 65 which gives me a D load rating. 12,500 miles and no problems.

2010 F250 5.4L 3.73
2011 Flagstaff 831FKBSS
Equal-i-zer 4pt 12K

2011 Flagstaff 831FKBSS
2010 F250 4X4 5.4L 3.73 LS
EQUALIZER E4 1200/12000
lbrjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 01:41 PM   #6

Location: Full timer,,,at Lake Georgetown in central Texas for the winter.
Whatever you do,,,invest in a TPMS. I speak from experience and $5153 later.
Grampa Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 02:15 PM   #7

New tires-rims too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrier View Post

I realize I can't immediately help you but would you be willing to give more background info? Can you advise is: Are you having problems with keeping air in your current Trail Express tires? Would that be the reason for changing your tires? Do you have tubes in you tires? We have a 2013 w3025 Rockwood with the same tires and can't keep air in them. We cant trust it. Very unsafe. We always have flats or very low air pressure every week. We took each rim off and had them re-set but only 2 have held. We are thinking of removing the mags and buying plain rims and new tires also. Will you keep your same rims? Thank you....-Susan
Susan R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 03:27 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan R View Post
I realize I can't immediately help you but would you be willing to give more background info? Can you advise is: Are you having problems with keeping air in your current Trail Express tires? Would that be the reason for changing your tires? Do you have tubes in you tires? We have a 2013 w3025 Rockwood with the same tires and can't keep air in them. We cant trust it. Very unsafe. We always have flats or very low air pressure every week. We took each rim off and had them re-set but only 2 have held. We are thinking of removing the mags and buying plain rims and new tires also. Will you keep your same rims? Thank you....-Susan
Susan I am not having any issues at all with keeping air or actually nitrogen in them as that's what it came with from the factory. In fact since buying it in the fall of 2014 the pressures don't drop more than a few psi for months.
The longest trip we have ever taken with it was about 700 miles over a week and pressures never dropped. I checked them every time we stopped.
I had it parked at a resort campground last year for 4 months and when we packed it up to come home the tires were no more than 4 or 5 psi low.
Being as I'm a refrigeration mechanic and use a lot of nitrogen I just keep a small cylinder with me whenever we use the trailer and adjust pressure with it. And they are tubeless tires.
I have maybe 2000 miles on them but want to change to a 8 or 10 ply tire for better stability and hopefully to prevent blowouts.
I think if I was having issues like you are I would most certainly get better tires and possibly rims as well.
I don't know what these types of rims that are on my trailer cost compared to steel but if I have any doubt what so ever about the rims when I do go to put new tires on then I will put new ones on be it plain white steel or what I have now.
I have a small tandem axle flatdeck I use and it needs tires badly so I will just put the Trail Express tires on it as it never really hauls much weight and I just use it around the city.
Hope I've been able to help you and good luck with your tire problem.
Old 03-05-2016, 04:03 PM   #9

Don't know the answer to your original question but waiting for the answer. We have a 2016 with what looks like the same wheels. It came with load range D tires, 65psi, from the factory.

MISSION COMPLETED!
gectisme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 04:50 PM   #10

Hi Susan I posted early in this post and for got to mention that the valve stems in the rims should be up graded to heavy duty brass valve stems. they may have to be ordered or bought from a auto parts supply store depending on the tire dealership you deal with. As I mentioned in the earlier post I changed my tires in march last year and run the tire pressure at 75-80 psi. The tire pressure this fall early winter dropped to 65 psi at around 30-35 Deg outside. I aired them back up to 80 psi last fall. I checked the last week when we had one day of nice weather and they were at 75 psi. I was having the same issue with pressure loss before I changed out the brand new tires that came on our new TT and that the tires were at max load for the weight of the unit. I asked the dealer if I could upgrade the tires to load range D tires when I placed the order to buy the TT and was told no there was no option to upgrade them. If I was in your position with leakers my next trip would be straight to tire shop to replace with load range E tires before one pops and takes a side out on TT.

Hope This Helps Tim
TimVWulp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 06:44 PM   #11

tire pressure drops

Anyone having pressure drop problems. .. Go to Discount tire, tell them the problem and they will remount the tires with special attention to that issue and your problem will disappear. They solved my problem.
2013 Rockwood Windjammer 3001w Diamond
Handydc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 08:44 PM   #12

Talking Carlisle for me

During our annual camping trip, (2800 miles) we had an untimely flat tire in rush hour traffic in Jacksonville, FL, I decided to change out our factory tires even though they only had 4000 miles on them. There was no reason found for the tire to go flat but it damaged the panel behind the rear axle. I too changed mine to "E" rated Carlisle Radial Trail RH 225/75r15 and set them at 65 pounds of pressure. Ordered them through NTB and they were dated only a couple of months before purchase. I have only pulled them a little over 150 miles, but I can already tell the difference. They seem a lot more stable than the ones that came on my 2016 Hemisphere 272RLIS.
GDoubleU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 09:02 PM   #13

Dear Carrier:

Thank you for your feedback. Sounds like we shouldn't waste another $40.00 per tire having them reset again. We will look for new rims and tires because the ones we have look brand new but certainly are not safe! Thank you again and good luck on purchasing new tires.
Old 03-06-2016, 12:50 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by gectisme View Post
Don't know the answer to your original question but waiting for the answer. We have a 2016 with what looks like the same wheels. It came with load range D tires, 65psi, from the factory.
I saw a post on this site or another can't remember but it was saying that Forest River is starting to send trailers out with higher load range tires on them.
I was really not happy about the C range tires that came on my trailer.

I don't have to worry about the heat like most of you down south do but it sure irritated me that Forest River would put tires like that on.
Old 03-07-2016, 10:46 AM   #15

i greatly appreciate your feedback!
Old 03-07-2016, 11:09 AM   #16

Quote:
Thank you for your feedback. Sounds like we shouldn't waste another $40.00 per tire having them reset again. We will look for new rims and tires because the ones we have look brand new but certainly are not safe! Thank you again and good luck on purchasing new tires.
Have you changed the Valve stems with HD threaded type? Are you using the Pull through type that came on the rims? Youroo!!
Old 03-07-2016, 06:48 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
Have you changed the Valve stems with HD threaded type? Are you using the Pull through type that came on the rims? Youroo!!
FYI, the brass in rubber pull through type are also considered HP (80) PSI. Actually while I like the metal bolt on type I've had more problems with them leaking than the Brass in Rubber pull through
2021 Sabre 37FBT
Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 07:42 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
FYI, the brass in rubber pull through type are also considered HP (80) PSI. Actually while I like the metal bolt on type I've had more problems with them leaking than the Brass in Rubber pull through
I don't think I will be putting a TPMS on but if I did will these rubber ones work or will steel ones be needed?
Old 03-08-2016, 08:02 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
I was just asking Susan about the Stems since she has said "Rims/Tires and Reseated" still Leaking! She Never said anything about the Stems! But thanks for your Input! Youroo!!
Old 03-08-2016, 11:20 AM   #20

Location: Full timer,,,at Lake Georgetown in central Texas for the winter.
Carrier,,,,I think the metal stems are recommended. That's what I have. Better tan rubber for sure.
Grampa Jim is offline   Reply With Quote