Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-18-2020, 05:32 PM   #1

2020 Dynamax Isata 3 (24’)

Has anyone had an issue with the decorative hub cap coming off during travel? I have a 2020 Dynamax Isata 3 and this is the second time I’ve lost hub caps on both left and right rear wheels. Not sure if this is a defect or something incorrectly installed by dealer? My son was driving behind me this trip and was able to retrieve the second one, but I’m concerned this could be a significant safety issue. I have an extended warranty and was going to take it to dealer and ask why this is happening; the first one we lost the day we purchased/picked up coach, and dealer replaced it. Picture of hub cap attached. Any feedback is appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	D872B725-E562-4A11-80BA-E2535A8EEAB9.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	376.6 KB
ID:	234204  
Max2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2020, 06:24 AM   #2

I use a rubber mallet to seat them during install and have not had problems. But I also use stainless zip ties as reported on internet.
TowPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2020, 06:44 AM   #3

We lost ours travelling as well. Seems to be a pressure fit so not really surprising. Did not think of claiming it thru warranty so let us know how you make out with that?

Not sure how I would tie the other one but will look It. Have not looked into replacing the missing one as I expected it would go missing soon enough as well.

Thanks for sharing, hopefully they find a better install/mounting option

Chris
Old 07-19-2020, 06:51 AM   #4

There are other options they bolt in. I think summit racing sell them. I would be interested in a "moon" type that just covers the wheel like your starting to see on rear axles of big rigs.
TowPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2020, 01:17 PM   #5

ALCOA Wheel Accessories

https://www.alcoawheels.com/alcoawhe...ccessories.asp
The2002Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2020, 03:50 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max2020 View Post
Has anyone had an issue with the decorative hub cap coming off during travel? I have a 2020 Dynamax Isata 3 and this is the second time I’ve lost hub caps on both left and right rear wheels. Not sure if this is a defect or something incorrectly installed by dealer? My son was driving behind me this trip and was able to retrieve the second one, but I’m concerned this could be a significant safety issue. I have an extended warranty and was going to take it to dealer and ask why this is happening; the first one we lost the day we purchased/picked up coach, and dealer replaced it. Picture of hub cap attached. Any feedback is appreciated.
+1 on using the stainless steel zip ties. I have a 2017 Isata 3 RW and haven't had one come off yet.
dr911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2020, 04:12 PM   #7

Thank you. I’ve never heard of stainless steel zip ties, but then I’ve never had to look for them. How do you install zip ties on it since it’s only the cap that comes off?
Max2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2020, 05:01 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max2020 View Post
Thank you. I’ve never heard of stainless steel zip ties, but then I’ve never had to look for them. How do you install zip ties on it since it’s only the cap that comes off?
Make sure you get long enough ss zip ties to be able to run them through one of the oval holes in the cap and the steel wheel behind the cap, out the next hole and then connect the ends of the zip tie. Then use a pair of snips to cut off the excess part of the tie. Be careful because when you cut the metal zip tie the edge will be very sharp and can cut you. I cut them long enough to use a needle nose pliers to fold the end over so the sharp edge wasn't exposed. I put 2 on each wheel through holes opposite each other. Make sure you carry a pair of snips with you in case you have a flat and need to get the cap off. You can find ss zip ties on Amazon or Ebay. You could use heavy plastic ties, but they may break and they are more visible than the stainless steel ones.
dr911 is offline   Reply With Quote