Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-19-2022, 01:48 PM   #1

Another TPMS? F-450 and Trailer combo

So I did some looking and found that the reason the F-450 doesn't come with TPMS is the sensors in the wheels are not reliable and cause intermittent readings.

There are aftermarket sensors that fit the wheels and Forscan can enable the TPMS on the truck, but many have had faults with one or two wheels.

I looked into the Lippert One Control TPMS, but doesn't work with SYNC3, wont show pressures and temps on the screen, only on the phone, and is not CarPlay compatible.

I currently use a Tymate for the trailer since the F350 I had did have TPMS that I could see on the Kenwood head unit I installed. It works fine, reports pressure and temp and alerts work as I discovered by setting too low a value. It sits on the dash and solar charges, so not obtrusive like a GPS.

I would like something like it that sits on the dash, not glued to the windshield or hanging off a vent. It needs to be able to handle 110 PSI for the truck, and 10 tires.

I looked at the TST but do not want my phone involved, and does not play with Carplay either.

I could go with the Ford TPMS/Camera kit and enable TPMS for trailer mode, but then still have the truck to deal with.

Anyone know if there is a GPS that would work with TPMS? With all the BT tech now, I wonder if such a thing is available.

Tags
tpms, trailer