Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-24-2022, 06:50 AM   #1

Arctic Wolf "Tire Sensors"

We just bought a 2022 Artic Wolf 3660 Suite and our tires have the tire "sensors" on the valve stem and are green. Is there a monitor I can connect these so as we're traveling I can see the tire pressures in real time rather than simply checking when we stop for gas and whatnot? We have the Lippert one control which has an option to connect to "Tire Linc" but I can't find much about it. I tried searching here but couldn't find what I needed. Hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

Apologies if this has been addressed before.
t.c.mitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2022, 07:20 AM   #2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by t.c.mitchell View Post
We just bought a 2022 Artic Wolf 3660 Suite and our tires have the tire "sensors" on the valve stem and are green. Is there a monitor I can connect these so as we're traveling I can see the tire pressures in real time rather than simply checking when we stop for gas and whatnot? We have the Lippert one control which has an option to connect to "Tire Linc" but I can't find much about it. I tried searching here but couldn't find what I needed. Hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

Apologies if this has been addressed before.

I think they are playing with confusing terminology and these are not electronic sensors you are familiar with in a vehicle.....but just a manual gauge. See if you possibly have "pressure caps" similar to what is in this link:

https://www.quickpressure.com/

On this video, the FR rep states it's a visual look at the tire pressure "monitors".

Fast forward to the 6:43 mark of this video

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2022, 07:28 AM   #3
Site Team

Here is a video on these type of quick pressure manual tire pressure gauges so you can see if you perhaps have something similar on yours. There are several different types and manufacturers of these type of valve cap gauges.

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
Old 05-24-2022, 07:33 AM   #4
Site Team

When I look at the Arctic Wolf digital brochure located here,

http://forestriverinc.com/brochures/...ochure-web.pdf

I see this pic in it, which sure does look like to me a visual tire pressure cap.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2022-05-24 at 07-30-51 2022 Arctic Wolf Digital Brochure - 2022arcticwolfbrochure-web.png
Views:	33
Size:	148.3 KB
ID:	273864  

Old 05-24-2022, 07:34 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmtire View Post
When I look at the Arctic Wolf digital brochure located here,

http://forestriverinc.com/brochures/...ochure-web.pdf

I see this pic in it, which sure does look like to me a visual tire pressure cap.

Yes, this is exactly what is on mine. So, it just a visual cap. Ok, that's what I needed to know. Awesome, thank you for you help!!
Old 05-24-2022, 08:01 AM   #6

They are just so you can quickly, visually see that your tires are inflated to the correct PSI during a walkaround of the vehicle. We took them off because we use the tire minder system, so at that time it wasnt relevant to us, but at the time of purchase, one of the RV techs told us that those caps are not trustworthy. He recommended we take them off and put regular caps on because those ones have a tendency to leak air. Not sure what lead him to that conclusion, but that was what he passed on to us. Hadnt considered it until now, because we dont use them anyway, so sort of forgot about them.

Old 05-24-2022, 08:48 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semperfi24 View Post
They are just so you can quickly, visually see that your tires are inflated to the correct PSI during a walkaround of the vehicle. We took them off because we use the tire minder system, so at that time it wasnt relevant to us, but at the time of purchase, one of the RV techs told us that those caps are not trustworthy. He recommended we take them off and put regular caps on because those ones have a tendency to leak air. Not sure what lead him to that conclusion, but that was what he passed on to us. Hadnt considered it until now, because we dont use them anyway, so sort of forgot about them.
Good to know. I've been checking them at least once a week and they haven't moved. I'll keep that in mind and will probably upgrade to a tire minder system or something similar.
Old 05-25-2022, 11:09 AM   #8
rfifer

When we bought our 26 DBH, those pressure caps came on the tires. What I learned is that the "green" indicator covers a range of pressures from the prescribed (in our case 65 psi) down to the low to mid 50's. I took them off before each trip and did a manual pressure check. So, I decided early on that manual was the way to go until I was able to get a TPMS monitor system. The agreement between transmitted reading and manual check is much better. The only caution I offer is to change the battery in the head of each tire monitor yearly.
TV F-150
rfifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 09:27 AM   #9
Do It Yourselfer

Pressure Caps

Just a note, if you don't have these and would like to purchase them, you have to select the tire pressure for your vehicle of desired PSI.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
It's Easy to take 'Liberty' for granted, When you have never had it taken from You!
wuffwuff is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tire