Old 09-28-2018, 10:13 PM   #1

Best shock absorbers for the Ford E450?

What have you had the best luck with on shocks. I know the twin I beam is notorious for issues. I have already read up on the wandering issues! We have a 2018 Sunseeker 2500TS. Also, I was disappointed that it came with Hankook tires. Are these tires dependable?
Thank you
nvallerga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 10:39 PM   #2
Usually Confused Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvallerga View Post
What have you had the best luck with on shocks. I know the twin I beam is notorious for issues. I have already read up on the wandering issues! We have a 2018 Sunseeker 2500TS. Also, I was disappointed that it came with Hankook tires. Are these tires dependable?
Thank you
Can’t help with shock issues but my experience with Hankook tires was very good. Ran two sets of them each 40,000 plus miles on a Ram CTD pulling about 12,000 pounds for most of the time. Normal wear and handled good. Michelin, Toyo and Nitto brands were the same.

Since 2014 most Hankook tires are manufactured in Clarksville, TN with some others in South Korea. Check the DOT code for location.

At some point during every day you suddenly realize nothing else productive is going to happen the rest of that day. For me, it usually occurs around 9 am.
emm-dee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 08:10 PM   #3

I can not say what is best. I changed my stock shocks at just over 10,000 miles to Koni FSD shocks. I like them so far. Much better than stock and smoother ride.
Old 10-09-2018, 09:05 AM   #4

Don't know what it is with the ford suspension. I know several people that have fords and they all squat more than GM trucks do. One of them had a 1/2 ton and bought a 3/4 ton ford and helped him set up WD hitch for it. Was surprised how it squatted in the back. Even had to change L brackets. We first set them the same as my 3/4 chevy was. That put way to much angle on the bars. As far as tires go, I had a 1/2 ton and bought a 3/4 ton and was unhappy with how it did, as far as sway until someone mentioned checking tire pressure. I know someone is going to say, what a dummy. In my defense, the truck was new and figured dealer had proper tire pressure. Not. When I have it serviced, it seems they don't look at the sticker on the door for tire pressure. I learned you have to make sure tire pressure is correct or you will have a sway issue due just for that.

Tags
ford