Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2018, 11:05 PM   #101

We took our CBís off before our second trip. We had only used them for a short 2 hour trip. Too scared to pull with them on a long trip.
Old 12-03-2018, 11:05 PM   #102
Not a newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronrox18 View Post
Have almost 4,000 miles on new tires. After hearing all the horror stories about china bombs i m getting paranoid. When do most of you guys switch these out for better ones?
Right after the first blowout.
Old 12-04-2018, 12:48 AM   #103

Bought my new tires and rims had them delivered to rv dealer, the dealer installed new rims and tires and I left China bombs there.
Old 12-04-2018, 01:49 AM   #104

Well, all this talk of Tires ... So I've got about 4500 miles on my new rockwood and after leaving the last campground, noticed my left rear tire was low. (noticeably!) I was able to get it inflated by the handy man at the campground. It was at 20psi. We had stayed at that campground about 2 weeks so didn't really notice until we were hooking up on the last day. After I got them inflated we are at a new place... about a 2 hour tow... It "looks" fine, but I'll check the tire pressure in the morning. So I start reading this forum and yes, I got Castle Rock. So those are what folks call China Bombs? Seems to me, if you only get 5k miles and you have to replace the tires... well, that stinks. I want the absolute "best" tire. Coff up, what is the absolute best tires to put on a TT? Goodyear Endurance ST? My next stop is 20 miles away. I'll be there for about 4 days. I'll probably call the roadside service and have my spare put on and see about getting the other patched for our journey from TX to NC. Once I get to NC I'll definitely be looking at replace all tires.
2012 Ram 2500HD 6.7L Cummins
Equal-i-zer 4 Point Hitch
Old 12-04-2018, 08:34 AM   #105

I can usually tell if a post is going to impart good information or just an opinion fight.
So far, this one has 11 pages.
Old 12-04-2018, 08:54 AM   #106

I replaced my China poppers with Goodyear Endurance a week after buying my 5er.
2017 PT Crusader 295RST
Old 12-04-2018, 09:02 AM   #107

You can put any tire on you want. If any brand of tire is not taken care of (such as a tire having 20psi) you will have problems.

You don't here about other brands cause people won't complain if THEY made the decision to change brands.

Like anything else, YOU are responsible. You bought the RV with a certain brand of parts.

YOU BOUGHT IT. YOU are responsible.
Old 12-04-2018, 09:35 AM   #108

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2rad4u View Post
You can put any tire on you want. If any brand of tire is not taken care of (such as a tire having 20psi) you will have problems
Did you read what I wrote? It was a slow leak. It was not a matter of not taking care of them. But at 4500 miles, I expect a tire to last longer. Guess it was bad luck with a nail or something. But NOW that the decision is forced on me, I want the best. There are "best" tires. I just changed out my tires on my truck with the best I could get. So now that I have to deal with changing the tires on my trailer I want the best. Saying "any tire you want" is not an answer, that is definitely an opinion without an answer.
2012 Ram 2500HD 6.7L Cummins
Equal-i-zer 4 Point Hitch
Old 12-04-2018, 09:39 AM   #109

You replaced tires because one had a slow leak?

Ok
Old 12-04-2018, 09:42 AM   #110
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormer View Post
Did you read what I wrote? It was a slow leak. It was not a matter of not taking care of them. But at 4500 miles, I expect a tire to last longer. Guess it was bad luck with a nail or something. But NOW that the decision is forced on me, I want the best. There are "best" tires. I just changed out my tires on my truck with the best I could get. So now that I have to deal with changing the tires on my trailer I want the best. Saying "any tire you want" is not an answer, that is definitely an opinion without an answer.
And 'best' is subjective as is, asking about 'best' on an internet forum.

What is 'best' for me may not be 'best' for you.

There are literally thousands of 'best' tire posts on various R/V forums.
Spend some time reading them and you'll see there is no answer. Only opinions.

My opinion... when my Castle Rocks failed I replaced them with Goodyear Endurance.
TST Tire Monitor w/Repeater - Sinemate 3500w Gen.

Days Camped: '17=30 '18=51 '19=58 '20=98
Old 12-04-2018, 09:48 AM   #111

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormer View Post
After 4500 miles NOW you want the best. Lol

And how was this decision "forced" on you?
Old 12-04-2018, 10:13 AM   #112
FoxMan

china bombs

I had china bombs on my Crusader fifth wheel and had two blow outs. after the first Good Sam roadside put a Goodyear Endurance on and after I researched these tires found everyone was praising them so after the second blow out I just pulled in and put three more on the RV and a new spare. I have pulled close to 5k miles and no issues. But I noticed much better handling and my fuel economy went up some. Getting ready for another 5k run so we'll see how the go.
Old 12-04-2018, 10:39 AM   #113
ENE

Yes there has been some problems with certain brand China made tires. The problem gets confusing because it is usually a certain model of a brand not just all the brands mode tires are bad. Sometime a certain mode and year made was a problem. I rode on my WestLake Supers for 8k miles before I switched to Carlisle tires and they started to get spyder cracks on the side walls after only one year. So then I finally switched to Goodyear Endurance tires.
It's hard to see whats going on with tires since the problem could be inside the tire where the air is or on the back side of the tire. The China's Bombs could be having a problem and you may think just because the tread still looks like new that everything is ok.
The tires from the trailer factory are at maximin load and I would feel better if I had a better or higher rated tire on the trailer. When these China Bombs come apart going down the road it isn't just the tires you have to replace, you could has thousands of dollars of damage on your wheel well or flooring. It's better to be safe then sorry.
Old 12-04-2018, 10:39 AM   #114

Maxxis.
Old 12-04-2018, 10:59 AM   #115

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawsonMobley View Post
Maxxis.
X2
Old 12-04-2018, 12:56 PM   #116
Site Team

This thread has gotten way off track and is devolving into personal attacks. It is being temporarily closed while the site team reviews it.

EDIT: We have cleaned up the thread but decided to leave it closed. It has over 100 responses but the OP hasn't been back since post #13. This one has about run it's course.
Closed Thread

Tags
tire, tires