Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-22-2021, 12:54 PM   #21

I replaced my Castlerock ST225/75R15/D tires with Goodyear Endurance E-rated tires in early November 2020 and have already logged two trips totaling about 1,200 miles. I run the tires at 80 PSI cold and have a TPMS on each tire (and on my Tundra as well). The Castlerock tires had about 10,000 miles on them and were showing signs of sidewall deterioration that concerned me (I check cold tire pressure before every trip and run the TPMS every time I tow the trailer). I could not perceive any change in the towing with the new tires.

2018 Rockwood Ultra Lite 2304DS, 10K Equal-i-zer Hitch
2007 Toyota Tundra SR5 Double Cab 4WD 5.7L iForce V8
FROG Member since March 2017
McRabbet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 01:33 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRabbet View Post
I replaced my Castlerock ST225/75R15/D tires with Goodyear Endurance E-rated tires in early November 2020 and have already logged two trips totaling about 1,200 miles. I run the tires at 80 PSI cold and have a TPMS on each tire (and on my Tundra as well). The Castlerock tires had about 10,000 miles on them and were showing signs of sidewall deterioration that concerned me (I check cold tire pressure before every trip and run the TPMS every time I tow the trailer). I could not perceive any change in the towing with the new tires.
This is often the case when replacing OE tires with same size and Load Range then running the same pressures.

Those who notice improvement in towing/handling are usually going up in load range which results in a stiffer tire. That alone can enhance handling.

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2023 f-150 SCREW XLT 3.5 Ecoboost (The result of a $68,000 oil change)
TitanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 09:48 PM   #23

Add me to the list. I removed the Load Range E Castle Rock Tires from our 2019 Cherokee 274vfk and replaced them with Goodyear Endurance tires. I run them at 80 psi. I noticed an immediate improvement in the stability of the trailer and also have much more peace of mind having replaced the Castle Rocks. The Castle Rock tires looked great so we installed them on a friend's utility trailer.
whjco is offline   Reply With Quote