Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-17-2008, 04:17 PM   #1

Electric Tongue Jack

New owner of SV 291 TT. Need info for best electric tongue lift.
Bill U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 07:52 AM   #2

Keep in mind, the jack needs to lift on both trailer and tow vehicle while hooking up WD hitch.

I went with a 3500 lb jack.
Handye9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 08:22 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Manual Jack?

I don't know what your situation is, but, you might consider a high capacity manual jack. I exchanged the 2,000 pound manual for a 5,000 pound manual. $30 at Northern Tool. It works awesomely well and is easy to crank. Just an idea.
acadianbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 02:50 PM   #4

Bill, We also have an SV 291 and we had the dealer include an Atwood Power Jack (3,500lbs) and it works great. I installed myself in about 20min very easy to do.
Jamey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 12:19 PM   #5

I have a Venture model 1300 that is rated at 2500 lbs. max. It says made by Lippert manufacturing co. also. It is a 12v jack, and lifts my Dodge ram connected to my 30 foot camper with no problems at all. I put my chains on the second link, and it works great. Randy
Flowmaster "true duals", 380 h.p., Bilstein shocks
08flagvlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 10:10 AM   #6

08Flagvlite,
you said you put your chain in the second link... second from the bar? or from the loose end That would seem way too tight for my set up but I still get a lot of bounce with my e-z lift hitch with the chains in the 4th link from the bar.
Old 06-02-2008, 11:03 AM   #7

Yes, that is correct, second from the bar. If you can hook your chains to the cam lifts, and raise them into "locked" position without the use of the assistance pipe that mine has, With the jack OFF of the ground, then they aren't tight enough, the way I understand it. You should be able to jack up the CONNECTED rig enough to take up the sag that was put on your vehicle BEFORE your camper was hooked to it. Then, hook up your cam chains, and with moderate resistance, lock them in place. (Moderate to me means I can almost do this procedure with 2 hands, and no assist bar. Once hooked up, raise your jack, and YES, it does seem a little tight, but the control is very good. Sway is eliminated, and you need to feel SECURE about any emergency moves on the superslab. My camper is really a little too big for my Tow Vehicle, but I experimented with the settings, with a loaded fresh tank there, and loaded grey and black tanks back, and this is what I found. My set up is REESE, and it might be a little bit different than yours. I always remove the bars when arriving at my destination, as they ARE NOT made for very sharp turns. I hope this info helps you, and this is just MY opinion, and I'm certainly NOT an expert!!! Thanks, Randy
Flowmaster "true duals", 380 h.p., Bilstein shocks
08flagvlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 03:48 PM   #8
Pulling For Fun

I bought a Ultra Fab 3502 Elect. Tongue Jack from a power seller on ebay, took about a half hour to install. Does a great job. Plenty of power and cost under 125. from http://stores.ebay.com/Mantelli-Trailer-Sales-RV-Store
They are refurb but come with full warranty.

2007 Dodge Ram Laramie 1500 4X4 Quad Cab Hemi 3:92
Superchips Programmer/Dynomax Exh/drilled airbox + K&N
Equalizer Sway Control/Backflip Tonneau, 20" American Racing Mags

Hellwig Pro Series Springs/Ultra Fab 3502 Elect. Tongue Jack
Tandem Honda EU2000i Generators

2008 829FKSS
Dodge Magnum Hemi/72 Chevy Nova 454
lorencherylp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 05:55 PM   #9

Bought a 3502 for a song. Installing it this weekend.
Bill U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 10:41 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08flagvlite View Post
Yes, that is correct, second from the bar. If you can hook your chains to the cam lifts, and raise them into "locked" position without the use of the assistance pipe that mine has, With the jack OFF of the ground, then they aren't tight enough, the way I understand it. You should be able to jack up the CONNECTED rig enough to take up the sag that was put on your vehicle BEFORE your camper was hooked to it. Then, hook up your cam chains, and with moderate resistance, lock them in place. (Moderate to me means I can almost do this procedure with 2 hands, and no assist bar. Once hooked up, raise your jack, and YES, it does seem a little tight, but the control is very good. Sway is eliminated, and you need to feel SECURE about any emergency moves on the superslab. My camper is really a little too big for my Tow Vehicle, but I experimented with the settings, with a loaded fresh tank there, and loaded grey and black tanks back, and this is what I found. My set up is REESE, and it might be a little bit different than yours. I always remove the bars when arriving at my destination, as they ARE NOT made for very sharp turns. I hope this info helps you, and this is just MY opinion, and I'm certainly NOT an expert!!! Thanks, Randy
Randy
According to your sig your using a Reese Dual Cam, correct?
If so the instructions that I have with my Reese Dual Cam state that "if using less than five links then readjust the hitch head angle until you have a minimum of 5 links"
http://www.reeseprod.com/fitguides/pdf/N66074.pdf
1973 Airstream Ambassador
Old Town Penobscot 16
gillguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 10:32 AM   #11
Site Team

Ebay item # 270243507528
They are rebuilt, or factory refurbished.
Sometimes this simply means there was nothing wrong and they
are simply repackaged and sold as rebuilt.
This guy is a power seller with 99.8% good ratings
and a 7 day money back guarantee.
If I was looking for a bargain, I'd give him a try.
KyDan is offline   Reply With Quote