Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-17-2022, 06:39 PM   #1

? For Installing Road Armor Equalizer

I will be installing the Road Armor equalizer this spring on a 2021 Apex 253RLS
Question is now I have 2 1/4 shackles with the stock equalizer. The Road armor equalizer sits probably about 1 1/2 inches lower than the stock one. So I am assuming this will raise my ride height but also change the angle of the leaf springs. They will be closer to the ground at the equalizer since the frame mounts are a fixed height. If I go with the 3 1/8 shackles I will eat up most of the difference between the equalizers and that sounds good. But thinking a head will I need the extra clearance for the extra wheel travel the Road Armor should deliver. I didn't measure that but it doesn't look like a lot in the wheel well there. Anyone done this or have an opinion? Thanks in advance.
Old 12-18-2022, 04:30 PM   #2

Well I decided to look into this myself and found an OEM installation manual on LCI website which is different than the one included with the Road Armor Equalizers. Pretty much answers the question.
https://lci-support-doc.s3.amazonaws...cd-0001409.pdf
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Road Armor OEM installation.pdf (2.74 MB, 82 views)

Tags
equalizer