Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-27-2020, 05:58 AM   #41

Simply refer to the owner's manuals. Its all there.

ilmor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 06:54 AM   #42

To LeoS, he posted
HTML Code:
[I] Guys, guys, guys....

To fix "random", you must think about what all cylinders have in common (hint: it's fuel).

Oh, and I betcha the OP had recently filled the tank before that happened.

Now, if it can be definitively traced only to a particular cylinder, sure, go ahead and throw some parts at it...[/I]
Yes, fuel was what I immediately thought of as I had just filled up about 50 miles earlier. Stopped and bought some additives including dry gas, it didn't help. Even after the tech fixed the problem, no new gas was added but the problem was gone.
KQ2N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 09:32 AM   #43
Smittty

V-10 Misfire

I have a 2017 Mirada and had the misfire code on #5 within the first 3K miles. It was basically brand new. I checked all sparkplug wires and reset the code. Have driven another 9k miles and no further codes. Millage loaded and towing 6.6 mpg overall.
Smittty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 09:54 AM   #44

The Ford V10 engine has a history of coil packs going bad. I have a 2006 Forester 3101S with the V10, only 24000 miles, and I have a full set of coil packs/spark plugs on hand as spares. I haven’t had to replace any yet but I also know it’s only a matter of time before a coil pack goes bad.
Lesg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 12:51 PM   #45

Let me add a new topic to the this thread...Serpentine Belt Tensioner. When I bought my 70,000 original mile Excursion this past summer I replaced the serpentine belt and tensioner as a bit of preventative maintenance. Three months and 5,000 miles later the cheap casting on the tensioner snapped in two! Moral to the story? Replace your belt and tensioner, then keep the old one on board as a spare!
bjaspud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 01:10 PM   #46

Trying to do what you think is right. I get it, and commend you for it. If it ain't broke dont fix it, is a saying that's not easy to adhere to
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjaspud View Post
Let me add a new topic to the this thread...Serpentine Belt Tensioner. When I bought my 70,000 original mile Excursion this past summer I replaced the serpentine belt and tensioner as a bit of preventative maintenance. Three months and 5,000 miles later the cheap casting on the tensioner snapped in two! Moral to the story? Replace your belt and tensioner, then keep the old one on board as a spare!
Mohawk Luxury Vinyl Plank Flooring
2013 AWD Acadia Denali, Blue Ox Equipped
ChrisParise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 01:43 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by parise View Post
Trying to do what you think is right. I get it, and commend you for it. If it ain't broke dont fix it, is a saying that's not easy to adhere to

We sailed offshore sometimes for weeks at a time. Before heading out I replaced everything we had a spare for and put the used ones in the locker. This way I knew the spares worked/fit and I had the tools and know-how to do the replacement.
jeffnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 02:16 PM   #48

That is thinking ahead!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffnick View Post
We sailed offshore sometimes for weeks at a time. Before heading out I replaced everything we had a spare for and put the used ones in the locker. This way I knew the spares worked/fit and I had the tools and know-how to do the replacement.
Mohawk Luxury Vinyl Plank Flooring
2013 AWD Acadia Denali, Blue Ox Equipped
ChrisParise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 05:24 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishtexx View Post
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum49/
mwheue is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ford, maintenance