Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-02-2021, 02:40 PM   #21

I vote for the Carlisle Radial Trail HD Tires. I reviewed online and found them to be rated very good.
BobinIrving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2021, 02:46 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by aircommuter View Post
Lots of things are out of stock these days. Too many people living on the free government money. Every store I see has help wanted signs.
Guess you missed the stories about businesses in states that cut off the "free government money" still having issues finding workers.
PodGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2021, 03:31 PM   #23
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimMorrell View Post
I just went down to my local Firestone people. Told them what I wanted, they ordered them, and installed them.What's wrong with that?
What Firestone tires did you buy?

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=90
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2021, 04:49 PM   #24

Goodyear as in the manufacture does not come out and change your tires, but Goodyear licensed automotive tire shops DO come out and will change your tires at your location. Don’t know how much that service call would be though……
Backcountryboondocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2021, 07:29 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by wharfrat48 View Post
Check out Maxxis too

This,
The Maxxis is a better tire.
I have had both and the maxxis lasted longer.
Look at the specs, for the same size tire, the maxxis is 4 pounds heavier per tire.
Old 09-02-2021, 08:04 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesptr View Post
Post like this is why I don’t visit here much anymore.
Forum banter can be childish at times, just the nature of the beast.

2007 Surveyor SV230
- 200 Watts Solar/MPPT Controller - 220 AH Battery Bank (Two-GC2) - 600 watt PSW Inverter - (2) 2000 watt Inverter Generators - LED Lighting
2009 F150 - 5.4 Litre with Tow Package

Boon Docking 99% of the time.
boondocking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2021, 08:16 PM   #27
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazman View Post
Just to warn you all, this is going to be one of those venting posts.
Got an email from Discount Tire Direct with some really great deals that are good until until September 7, so I figured it was a good time to replace the China bombs on the big trailer. BUT, since the closest DT location is over 1,600 miles away I figured I'd call Goodyear since they will "match any competitors price". I have read here how people have been very happy with Goodyear coming to their location and changing the tires right there on the spot. But as my luck would have it, Goodyear doesn't have any Endurance tires in stock, and they don't know when they will. As the church lady on SNL would say " WELL ISN'T THAT CONVEEEENIENT.
Come on, DT has Goodyear tires, but Goodyear doesn't? At first while I was checking the DT website it said they were not in stock, but when I put four of them in my cart it said "available". So now I'm undecided because who's going to want to install tires you didn't buy from them, and if they do, they're gonna charge an arm and a leg, not to mention I still have to get the trailer to them or pull the wheels myself. I can't win.....

Speaking as a tire dealer:
Some places do have installations at your site, but this is one of the more expensive options. These are however in the minority, but what is more common is those that will either come pick up your vehicle or deliver it back to you. This usually will not include RV's. As far as getting tires installed that were not purchased from the same dealer, that is usually not a huge problem but can vary. Many tire dealers will install tires not purchased from them (I do everyday). Just call around, you may find out that it's the same price whether you purchase the tires from them or not.

Speaking as a moderator:

The forums are for helping people, and enjoyment. As per the site guidelines, we do take the play nice rule very seriously and do not tolerate rudeness.. Expect some of these previous posts to be deleted or edited.

Do not engage in personal attacks. Challenge others' points of view and opinions, but do so respectfully and thoughtfully. Sarcasm, belligerence, insults, profanity, extreme anger, offensive comments about race, gender, sexual orientation, and national origin are not acceptable.

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2021, 07:32 AM   #28

Look for any small local tire shop. I have two within 2 miles of my house, and they charge $10 to mount and balance.
Old 09-06-2021, 08:43 PM   #29

I have the Carlisle Radial Trail HD tires on my 5th wheel toy hauler and they are excellent. I could not be more pleased after a few seasons and thousands of miles on them so far. I highly recommend them.
RockyMtnMarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2021, 08:55 PM   #30

Costco will.
Jim S JR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2021, 10:26 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyMtnMarty View Post
I have the Carlisle Radial Trail HD tires on my 5th wheel toy hauler and they are excellent. I could not be more pleased after a few seasons and thousands of miles on them so far. I highly recommend them.

Thanks for your input. I'm seriously considering Carlisles now because of the positive posts from folks like you. Not to mention they are more resaonably priced than the GY Endurance or Maxxis.

2018 GMC Sierra 2500HD SLT Duramax
Chazman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2021, 10:45 PM   #32

My thought was your on an island where you going to go with a camper😉
ChuckvB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2021, 10:49 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckvB View Post
My thought was your on an island where you going to go with a camper😉

we have a bridge to get off at either end.

2018 GMC Sierra 2500HD SLT Duramax
Chazman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2021, 11:43 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5picker View Post
And don't be surprised when you go to check out on DT's web site that the "in stock" changes to "no stock." Happened recently to two folks I know.

You might want to check on the newly released Hankook ST tires. Specs and early reports compare it very favorably to Endurance except made in Korea.
At 9.5 years I finally replaced the front Hankooks on my motorhome with new Hankooks.. the cake off we're still perfect inside and out at the age scared me on my steering wheels. I'm willing to trust, a while longer on the dualies. And they just seem like absolutely solid tires.
Tom48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2021, 11:45 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazman View Post
Thanks for your input. I'm seriously considering Carlisles now because of the positive posts from folks like you. Not to mention they are more resaonably priced than the GY Endurance or Maxxis.
Those were my go-to before the Endurance came along for my travel trailers and utility trailers.

Never had a problem with one.
Tom48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2021, 11:46 PM   #36

I also wanted to upgrade my tires to the Goodyear Endurance last week. I had the same experience. Checked around and Discount Tire was the only ones who had them in stock. I had mine changed at their shop. They didn't have a bay to fit but have a concrete pad next to the building for this purpose. I watched them and they did a good job. Goodyear even had a $110 per set discount, that unfortunately expired today. Overall very good experience with Discount Tire.
willbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2021, 12:18 AM   #37

Buy a set of tires and wheels. The cost isn't as much as you think. They'll come balanced and all you need do is change them.

Good tire and wheel shops will have no problem mounting and balancing tires you bring in. We have a locally owned shop that will do it for $10 each. The "national" store charges $20 just to balance.
DavidWJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2021, 04:57 AM   #38

I'm happy with Maxxis 8008. Pulls much smoother. Simple tire is where I buy them. When I got them they were 4 months old pretty happy with that. I did asked for the newest made tires but I know it doesn't always happen.
woodsrider40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2021, 06:06 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimander1 View Post
We had a China bomb go off on our 2018 Ultra Light trailer enroute to Lake Lanier. The original tires from Rockwood had a 11/17 date code. The blowout destroyed the fender skirt and "J" metal behind the skirt. We purchased Endurance tires, and DT was about 20% higher than Mavis. Ask for "OTD" (out the door) prices when making telephone inquiries.
I was glad FR prices for replacement parts thru my dealer was lower than I expected.
I live by the damn on lake Lanier. Glad to hear a fellow Georgian didn't get hurt from your blowout. You're exactly right about asking for the "OTD" price. My Westlake tires are 2 years old and got the best OTD price for replacement Endurance tires from Mavis. Some have better tire prices but when all said and done, turn out higher.
Tommyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2021, 07:26 AM   #40

My first full camping season without a tire issue after these.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tire1.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	366.2 KB
ID:	262372