Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-27-2017, 09:37 PM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjcrawford111 View Post
I'm pretty much sold on getting a set of the endurance tires installed on my 2109s Mini Lite. My only question is where to purchase them and if they are able to install on a travel trailer? Should I just go to a regular tire retailer like Discount etc? Thanks for any tips!
If you have military privileges, see if a base nearby has a tire shop. I checked out my Navy Exchange on a whim while getting my truck inspected, turns out they only carried one brand of trailer tire. Much to my pleasant surprise it was the Goodyear Endurance. My 14" tires were only $88 each, no tax . Sold!
Always a good idea to check the tire manufacture date code molded into the sidewall. Under a year is best, I was really happy to find my new tires were only 3 months old.
As others have mentioned, the heft of the GY tires was noticeably greater than the factory Castle Rocks. I haven't taken them on a long road trip yet, but from what others here have said I'm sure I'll be happy.
My trailer is mostly for fun, but also serves duty as a bug-out vehicle during hurricane season, the peace of mind from the tire upgrade is well worth it. Came in handy last summer!
DavidBo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 09:58 AM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by babock View Post
Always good to use what is recommended by Goodyear based on the load per tire.

https://www.goodyearrvtires.com/pdfs/rv_inflation.pdf
Last trip to CAT scales showed the combined weight of both axles was 4420# so, if all tires are carrying equal weights (probably not equal but for this I'll consider it so), then each tire experienced 1105#...well within all psi load ratings on the chart for 205/75-14...now need to figure which psi will give the best wear and ride. Looks like I will consider any psi between 50 and 65.

babock, thanks for the chart...good info.
windsurfdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 12:25 PM   #63

After a season of towing with the GY Endurance tires the ratings are in.

We've been very pleased with them.

visit our website at www.restcure.ca
Restcure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 12:33 PM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsurfdog View Post
Last trip to CAT scales showed the combined weight of both axles was 4420# so, if all tires are carrying equal weights (probably not equal but for this I'll consider it so), then each tire experienced 1105#...well within all psi load ratings on the chart for 205/75-14...now need to figure which psi will give the best wear and ride. Looks like I will consider any psi between 50 and 65.

babock, thanks for the chart...good info.
I found that @65 psi some things moved around inside the trailer so I cut it back to 60 psi. The tires were balanced. I have the Torque-flex axles. FWIW
jeff64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 12:55 PM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff64 View Post
I found that @65 psi some things moved around inside the trailer so I cut it back to 60 psi. The tires were balanced. I have the Torque-flex axles. FWIW
Most excellent, jeff...thanks for the reinforcement...I'll stick with 60# then...
windsurfdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 07:44 PM   #66

Wow, I have a brand new trailer and after reading all of these posts I am paranoid about the Castle Rocks. From what I have read one blow out can cause enough damage to buy a new set of tires. If I can get $100 for the old/new tires $300 is a pretty cheap piece of mind. As for Discount Tire I always avoided them for no known reason. Last year while we were in Colorado my son hit a rock in his truck and blew out a 20" tire in Durango. Discount replaced the tire (in stock) for free as well as the tpm sensor that was probably damaged by the rock, for free. Made a new customer out of me. I will be looking at the Goodyear's soon.
Okmechanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 08:06 PM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okmechanic View Post
Wow, I have a brand new trailer and after reading all of these posts I am paranoid about the Castle Rocks. From what I have read one blow out can cause enough damage to buy a new set of tires. If I can get $100 for the old/new tires $300 is a pretty cheap piece of mind. As for Discount Tire I always avoided them for no known reason. Last year while we were in Colorado my son hit a rock in his truck and blew out a 20" tire in Durango. Discount replaced the tire (in stock) for free as well as the tpm sensor that was probably damaged by the rock, for free. Made a new customer out of me. I will be looking at the Goodyear's soon.
Discount Tire is really hit or miss, it's all a matter of the folks running the particular store. It helps to do a little research of any particular tire shop regardless of the name, a lot of complaints would be reason to steer clear. If you have the option, try to schedule an appointment when they aren't overly busy, like a weekday morning. Avoid late afternoons or Saturdays as they get in a rush and the chance of a mistake is greater. It's also a good idea to check the torque on the lug nuts after you get home just in case, or do what I do. I never bring a vehicle to a tire shop, just the wheels, that way I know I can install them to the proper torque instead of some kid getting frisky with an impact wrench.
DavidBo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 08:06 PM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okmechanic View Post
Several threads discussing Goodyear Endurance tires. Here’s a recent one.

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ce-156178.html
2018 Rockwood Mini Lite 2104s
2014 Jayco x17z Hybrid
Tigger1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 08:32 PM   #69

second season Goodyear Endurance tires about 4000 miles on them. I stop and check tire about once an hour on the road so far am pleased with them. If I get 5 years like I did on the old GY Marathon years back then I will say they are good tires. Then I will write a letter thanking Goodyear for bringing manufacturing to USA on these trailer tires.Sure hope they do not decide to take them to China for manufactoring.
Old 05-08-2018, 10:17 AM   #70

Been running the GY Endurance on my bass boat trailer for 2 years now. So far so good. Much better ride, very even wear and no cracking in the ~9000 miles I have on them. They look better after 2 years than every other tire I've used on my boat trailers. I'll be putting them on my travel trailer.
Old 05-08-2018, 10:53 AM   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riccochet View Post
Been running the GY Endurance on my bass boat trailer for 2 years now. So far so good. Much better ride, very even wear and no cracking in the ~9000 miles I have on them. They look better after 2 years than every other tire I've used on my boat trailers. I'll be putting them on my travel trailer.
Let us know what they look like at year 5. My Maxxis on my 6.5K# boat trailer are on their 4th year and so far they have been the best tires I have ever purchased for a trailer.

BTW...thought these tires came out in the beginning of 2017 yet you say you have 2 years on them?
babock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 11:14 AM   #72

Made my first trip with the Endurance tires last weekend, they did great. Definitely feels like there is less push in crosswinds compared to the original tires that were on the trailer, overall no complaints. So far very happy with them.
Old 05-08-2018, 05:33 PM   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by babock View Post
Let us know what they look like at year 5. My Maxxis on my 6.5K# boat trailer are on their 4th year and so far they have been the best tires I have ever purchased for a trailer.

BTW...thought these tires came out in the beginning of 2017 yet you say you have 2 years on them?
Could be I got them early last year. The Carlisle's I used to run never failed, but would only last about 2 years, or roughly 9000. They would just wear funny and start cracking the treads.

These GY's definitely track better with less bounce.
Old 05-08-2018, 06:49 PM   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riccochet View Post
Could be I got them early last year. The Carlisle's I used to run never failed, but would only last about 2 years, or roughly 9000. They would just wear funny and start cracking the treads.

These GY's definitely track better with less bounce.
Like I said, when you have them 5 years, let us know how you liked them. The Goodyear Marathons that were made in China would last 3 years before they started failing.
babock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 05:42 PM   #75

Just put them on my utility trailer that I haul my tractor around with. If they do well there I'll put them on the TT. If they can handle the abuse that poor trailer endures they can handle anything the TT will ever see.
GerryK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 07:52 PM   #76

Smile GoodYear Endurance

If you need tires now the time to buy. GoodYear is selling them online, and shipping them to your closest authorized dealer free. I had 4 installed and Saved 200.00 on a set of ST235/80/R16. Beats paying high price for imports. They included balancing, stems, and disposal, of course you still have to pay tax, but it is all done ONLY ONLINE at GoodYear.com

PS: There made in the USA
Idaho and Beyond is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tire, tires