Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-15-2021, 05:00 PM   #1

Goodyear start up time for trailer tires

Planning on purchasing 4 Goodyear Endurance tires this off season and found tire shops have no inventory. Called the local Goodyear Tire Center in Cranberry PA and a kind gentleman explained. Post pandemic startup was aimed towards the popular automotive tire sizes and trailer tires were pushed back, representing the smaller market. His sources indicated trailer tire manufacture would begin April 2022, joked they will probably still be warm when they get them in.
bubbalowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2021, 05:43 PM   #2

It was reported on the forums that the trailer tire production was closed down until Feb, 2022, so your info is in line with others.
2012 RAM 2500 Laramie CTD and 4:10
mmartin_tdc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2021, 06:50 PM   #3

Check discount tire, they have had stock recently.
Rick the Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2021, 07:38 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmartin_tdc View Post
It was reported on the forums that the trailer tire production was closed down until Feb, 2022, so your info is in line with others.
Plan on checking in after first of year to see if the April window is still accurate, will post again. Many tires in stock but sticking with OEM 15" size of high quality limits me.
Old 11-16-2021, 04:44 PM   #5

I work in the utility industry and we have supplier contracts with Goodyear as that is 95% of what we run on all of our equipment. We buy directly from Goodyear and they are contractually required to keep so many tires of certain types on hand for us at all times. We understand the supply issues caused by COVID, however we were taken back when we were told by Goodyear on one day they had plenty of these trailer tires on hand and then a month later they said the supply was gone. We were told by Goodyear(in writing) that they sold the remaining trailer tire inventory to Camping World, as Camping World saw a shortage in the future and wanted to be ahead of it.

Not sure if CW was just planning ahead or if they are being greedy.
JCs2020Rockwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2021, 04:56 PM   #6

Bought mine in July from Discount Tire and had them installed at their store on Mcknight road. Great service, I posted a review and pic on their site! I live in Hopewell.
UncleJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2021, 05:00 PM   #7

https://goo.gl/maps/y8wjiUqKWyGKfGzBA
UncleJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2021, 06:06 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick the Rocket View Post
Check discount tire, they have had stock recently.
Here is Discount tires webpage in Penn

https://www.discounttire.com/buy-tir...year-endurance

7601 Mcknight Rd
Pittsburgh, PA 15237-3517
412-318-6276

Call them..
clintbonnie73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2021, 09:08 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCs2020Rockwood View Post
I work in the utility industry and we have supplier contracts with Goodyear as that is 95% of what we run on all of our equipment. We buy directly from Goodyear and they are contractually required to keep so many tires of certain types on hand for us at all times. We understand the supply issues caused by COVID, however we were taken back when we were told by Goodyear on one day they had plenty of these trailer tires on hand and then a month later they said the supply was gone. We were told by Goodyear(in writing) that they sold the remaining trailer tire inventory to Camping World, as Camping World saw a shortage in the future and wanted to be ahead of it.

My suspicion is the latter, corporate greed.
Old 11-16-2021, 09:11 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleJoe View Post
Bought mine in July from Discount Tire and had them installed at their store on Mcknight road. Great service, I posted a review and pic on their site! I live in Hopewell.
Just checked and there are 7 tires my size in their inventory.
Old 11-17-2021, 04:21 AM   #11

Quote:
We were told by Goodyear(in writing) that they sold the remaining trailer tire inventory to Camping World, as Camping World saw a shortage in the future and wanted to be ahead of it.

I'd bet manufacturers / brands such as Rockwood / Flagstaff who now provide and advertise Goodyear Endurance OEM, also secured a huge chunk of existing inventory. Why? Because its a better tire and they really care about the customer? NO! Because they could not get tires such as Westlake or Castlerock from Lionshead, which were stuck in China or on some container ship sitting offshore.
Canto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2021, 12:18 PM   #12
Flyboy1950

Goodyear Endurance

I sold my share of a Goodyear tire store in the late 90’s. But for 25 years I did all of the ordering. I got accustomed to certain tires only being available quickly at different times of the year. Certain farm tires and trailer tires. So in December or January I would call my Goodyear rep & ask for an extra discount if I ordered 200 ST225/75R15 LR D and 150 ST205/75R15 LR D Marathon trailer tires. (Most dealers typically only stocked 4 or maybe 8 of each size) I would get that extra discount, then store them and during the summer when most of the other tire dealers in my area would need Marathons, they would come to me because Goodyear was back ordered and nobody else had them. I sold a ton of Marathons that way. Just a matter of planning ahead.
Sbosserman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2021, 02:28 PM   #13
Retired Army MSG!

So I had GY Endurance on my last trailer. They held up well for the time I had the unit. I traded in January of this year and of course the beloved Castle Rocks were on the new unit. I used those tires on several short and medium trips, no issue. However, I had a FL trip planned for the first part of this month so I had those tires replaced. I could have gotten the Endurance through our local discount tire but I wanted something beefier so I opted for Hercules H901. They are 12 PLY and F rated instead of E and were available in my size 225/75/15. So far I am well pleased. Our recent trip from SC to Florida was a little over a thousand miles round trip. I have an older TV. 1999 Ford F250 with the 7.3 Powerstroke. I averaged a little over 11 MPG towing about 11,000 LBS so all went well. Just another tire option I thought I would throw in the hat.
lazyjj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2021, 02:51 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canto View Post
I'd bet manufacturers / brands such as Rockwood / Flagstaff who now provide and advertise Goodyear Endurance OEM, also secured a huge chunk of existing inventory. Why? Because its a better tire and they really care about the customer? NO! Because they could not get tires such as Westlake or Castlerock from Lionshead, which were stuck in China or on some container ship sitting offshore.

It's also more than likely the cost of the Castle Rock or Westlake tires coming from China are now probably almost equal in cost to the Goodyear's they can get in the good 'ole USA. Plus, as you said, they're not sitting in $30,000 off shore containers waiting to be unloaded.
GPs37FLH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2021, 01:48 AM   #15

Plenty of GY Endurance are still out there. I bought extra.
krazyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2021, 05:14 AM   #16
Camping the Natural State

Tire Rack ?
Old 11-25-2021, 07:49 PM   #17

I checked my Local Goodyear dealer 11/20 for Endurance ST215/75R-14 D. Not on hand, not available. Called the closest Discount Tire (60 miles away) and got there last four, I went right down and grabbed them. Oh, and my local Goodyear dealer was $12 per tire cheaper. $140 mounted vs $152 mounted. They have consistently beat online tire sellers when everything is added together, shipping, mount and balance, and pay for rotations as all the Goodyear tires they sell come with life time rotation @5,000 miles.
Old 11-25-2021, 08:19 PM   #18

Quote:

It's Lemonis' greed. CW has the tires and can charge whatever they want.
gw1800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2021, 08:23 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canto View Post

Yep, the cheap tires the OEM's use are on the ships bobbing in the ocean.

Since they buy in bulk, they are first in line for the GY tires.
gw1800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2021, 08:51 PM   #20
Bob n Vic Summer Getaway

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbalowe View Post
Planning on purchasing 4 Goodyear Endurance tires this off season and found tire shops have no inventory. Called the local Goodyear Tire Center in Cranberry PA and a kind gentleman explained. Post pandemic startup was aimed towards the popular automotive tire sizes and trailer tires were pushed back, representing the smaller market. His sources indicated trailer tire manufacture would begin April 2022, joked they will probably still be warm when they get them in.

Why are you buying only 4 and not a spare?
BobnVic is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tire, tires, trailer