Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-04-2014, 01:39 PM   #1

Level ups

I'm in process of adding a level up system. I now have Jt Strong arms. Lipert has told me that the JT would no longer being needed after the level up. My question is that the level up would make me level as we all try to archive. But why would you take off the JT's being that what stops the motion. A level up system would not stop the motion. What are your opinions. They even make a big foot pad to attach the JT'S to. Anybody ever used the combination? any help would be appreciated . I can not see why it would not be wanted, but I surely do not know everything. Thanks for any comments good or bad. this is a costly thing for me to do but I'm getting older and trying to make things easier as I age. But motion is a big problem for us..

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 02:25 PM   #2

We have a columbus 320rs and it was ordered with the 4 way leveling system with J T's attached. This was at the recommendation of the regional salesman for FR. We would not have it any other way.
mmunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 09:02 PM   #3

Our limited use of the Lippert six point system has been positive in that we currently have no need for additional stabilization other than X-chocks we bought before we got the trailer.

USN Retired (26 years), but not Retired retired
Home Port Orlando
Narboza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 10:14 PM   #4

mmum, How do you like the system and is it the new 3.0, and did you get the remote? Thanks for the info, I didn't want to go HYD. due to the space requirement and all the hose problems. Talked to there engineer today and said that is what I need for my Rockwood light weight frame. They will be installing it at the rally have my date set already. He said to keep the rear stabilization system on the rear. They said that they would not be putting it on my unit if they thought that there would be a flex or stress on it. He said that I do not need the 6 point that they also sell. Looking forward to it being this will be my last trailer I buy, but I have also said that about boats. It is well worth the $2900.00 figure installed plus or minus. I talked to CW they wanted $6500. for the same system.

Old 03-04-2014, 10:30 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narboza View Post
Our limited use of the Lippert six point system has been positive in that we currently have no need for additional stabilization other than X-chocks we bought before we got the trailer.
did you get the hyd.? I was told today that because the HYD, system the front landing legs are set 5 degrees off center and that is why I wouldn't need the JT it would not work with that system it takes the place of them. Since I just installed the JT's which are great I decided to take the Engineers recommendation and got the 3.0 electric.

Old 03-05-2014, 07:09 AM   #6

We have the hydraulic Level-Up from the factory with the Alta remote. No document revered to a system version number. While the wiring is messy, it does work. Over time I will be cleaning things up and documenting them on my thread here.

Once I hit the auto level button, I just go on with my setup and let the system figure it out. Our 3715BH has 12" frame rails so I think they were less concerned about distortion. The Lippert frame came with the jack mounts welded on. All the hydraulic jacks are at an angle to the frame. I can level it in the street in front of my house and the curb side wheels will be off the ground. Not desirable, but there it is. With 60,000 pounds of lift, the jacks can hold 2+ trailer weights.

USN Retired (26 years), but not Retired retired
Home Port Orlando
Narboza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 06:47 PM   #7

gljurczyk, we love the 4 way electric leveling system but the remote was not available when we purchased the trailer. The JT's truly make a huge difference in motion.
mmunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 07:55 PM   #8

Our Level Up system has 6 jacks; there is no way to install the strongarm stabilizers. We're happy with the system. The trailer is stable when level. The front (living room on ours) wiggles a bit, but we don't have a jack under the king pin.
mike2wheels is offline   Reply With Quote