Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-15-2019, 09:20 AM   #1

Lippert Level Up Problem

We have a 2019 Sandpiper 372LOK that we picked up in December. Our fist trip which was a week at Disney was pretty much flawless other than horrific traffic. We went out locally the week after we got back and had a hiccup with the leveling system. It timed out and would not lower the jacks to level the unit. I thought it might have been a voltage problem so I hooked the unit up to shore power and waited a few minutes. It leveled without a problem then. This past weekend I planned to take my son on a weekend trip. We got to the site about 6:45 Friday evening and I was able to unhook but when I went to level the unit I ran in to the same issue. I tried unsuccessfully to level the unit and was unable the retract the rear and middle jacks. I ended up calling Lippert's help line and the tech had me try a couple things and at the time we believed the polarity reversing solenoid was bad. We returned home and Saturday morning I tried to locate a solenoid but no dealer withing 200 miles had one in stock. I gathers some tools so that I could manually retract the legs with plans to bring the unit home and to the dealer this morning. I was able to retract all the legs but when I tried to raise the nose to back the truck under it the slides started to come out rather than the landing gear. I called Lippert again and the tech thought the problem was a bypass valve in a hydraulic cylinder. He suggested having a mobile tech come out to test and possibly repair the system. Being a weekend I made the decision to return home to deal with this today. Our dealer seems to be at a loss and of little help since they do not have mobile techs. I have a call in to the service department at Forest Rover but I have not received a call back yet.

I've never dealt with any issues like this before but I believe my only options are a mobile tech or to have it towed. I don't want to shell out my own money for something that should be covered by the warranty. What say the veterans of the group?
cstreu1026 is offline   Reply With Quote